Ross you off that chariot for sure

Chapter 12

For all of her calm, when Misty managed to get back to the waiting room her legs felt like abused jello. She had done it! Won a spectacular water Pokémon contest in front of a humungous crowd, in front of Ash. She had won the contest and one a...

Wait what was the prize for today? Misty frowned, it was something that she had liked the sound of now what was it? Not a bell, but something she could have used and was not just a token gift. What was the name?

Wait Ocean Bell! That was it! Misty was not too sure what it did but Nurse Joy had mention it was a rare item and especially good for bonding with Water Pokémon.

“And I just won it!” Misty squealed pumping her fist.

“Yeah Mist. You sure did.” Ash’s voice came from the doorway. Looking up Misty saw him framed in the space hat down over his eyes. She hesitated, what was wrong with him? Suddenly his head flashed up and she saw the pride in his brown eyes.

“You really did it Misty.” Pikachu was on his shoulder looking excited as Ash stepped forward. “Um, Misty I know this is weird coming from me.” He began. “But do you want to hug or something? You look like you are ready to cry.”

“Yes you idiot!” Misty laughed rushing forward. Before she could, crash into his chest Ash had caught and cradled her. It felt weird to her to feel his chin on the top of her head. Pressed this close to him she could feel his heartbeat and his warmth.

It had been so long since he held her like this and she had been the taller stronger one, now she felt the muscles that had developed and very little of the child she had travelled with. Trying to hold back a shiver Misty realized that Ash was slowly becoming an adult, physically that was. She snuggled closer risking a grin, she could grope him all she wanted and he would be clueless.

The Ash she knew never had eyes for anything beyond Pokémon and food. His arms tightened and she shivered, it felt so adult to be like this, just when she was going to press herself even closer she felt Ash sigh and he pulled back.

“You never did like staying still after you lost. The adrenaline is just jumping in you. I know I do it but Misty, can’t you stay still and bask in it?” Misty sighed inwardly as he set her back and began straightening his clothes. It was good while it lasted.

Pikachu evidently guessing it was time to make his presence known jumped from Ash’s shoulder’s to Misty’s hands. She did not mind though. She and Pikachu could carry on a conversation as Ash did whatever. Sitting down on a bench she cradled Pikachu to her.

“What did you think of the battle Pikachu?” Misty asked trying to keep her voice from shaking.

“Pika!” The mouse squeaked before snuggling up to Misty.

“I kicked butt huh?” Misty continued. “Marill and Psyduck looked so good out there. I know no one expected Psyduck right?”

“That is for certain.” Drew’s voice came from the door. Looking up Misty saw the rest behind him with Paul at his side.

“I’ve seen a lot of battles, trainer and co-ordinator. Nevertheless, you really have something special, and your Psyduck is really strong one move and it took down its opponent especially when it was under stress. That is something you have to marvel at.” Dew continued taking a seat next to Misty.

“If that is your show of skill and you aren’t using your powerful maybe you should try co-ordinating a bit.”

“Thank you Drew.” Misty said leaning a little away in shock, for Drew that was as high a compliment she would get.