The pain connection brings

Chapter 45

“Prepare for trouble what is coming is a lecture.”

“Make it double we are posing as parental figures.”

“Lecturing twerps on their dangerous decisions.”

“Like go resurrecting and get kidnapped by dead civilisations.”

“To denounce any thoughts we feared for your safety.”

“We turned up anyway and find you looking so cheeky.”

“Parental figure Jessie.”

“Fatherly figure James.”

“Parental figures to show twerps what is right.”

“Settle down and listen don’t make us have to fight.”

Misty froze outside of the Pokemart at hearing what could only be a motto. Pikachu froze on her shoulders too. All she wanted was to buy some stuff and find Ash. Instead she found the Rocket duo leaning against the wall outside the door.

“Hey!” She said brightly only to get a frown from Jessie in response.

“Twerpette, that isn’t how you great someone worried about you.”

“I wasn’t expecting to find you here. And a new motto. Impressive. Are you building a store here?” Misty winced. A megastore like the ones these two liked would not fit in here.

“The twerp just asked us that same question right Jessie?” James laughed as he lightly tugged at the petals of a rose he pulled from his pocket.

“Yeah, and just like the twerp we are telling you. Nope not here. A few towns away. Meowth is already over there setting it up.”

“Meowth?” Misty said in doubt. That did not seem like a wise business decision.

“He’s wonderful at establishing bargains and contracts.” Jessie grinned. “James and I are better at bringing in the people and keeping them happy.”

“Sounds nice.” Misty laughed. “So you guys really are not going back to Team Rocket then.”

“No.” James responded while Jessie hesitated a brief moment and then nodded.

“So Pikachu over there can calm down. We don’t want you Pikachu. We can’t sell you legally after all and if we were to do it illegally our store would be forever tarnished.” Jessie yawned.

“Anyway Twerpette. We wanted to lecture you on the dangers of your adventure.” James began.

“But we can see you already know.” Jessie finished. “You know, the twerp would have survived if anything happened but he wouldn’t be the same.”

“I know that.” Misty said as she lowered her head. She knew that well. If she had been lost. If she had died eventually Ash would recover and move on but he would never be the Ash they all knew again.

There was a high chance that the Ash he turned into when she went missing would make a permanent appearance. A harsh cold Ash. That was how Drew described it.

Harsh, cold with nothing else to lose except his life with a burning determination about him. Drew had sat her down to explain the Ash that came after her. Misty knew if he had not saved her the determination would disappear leaving a cold harsh Ash.

“I won’t bother saying be careful from now on or anything like that.” James sighed toying with the petals of the rose. “We know you twerps that is a waste but I will say try not to leave any regrets behind.”