Sugawara Koushi x Reader (requested by XBatGirlX)

Start from the beginning

Yui also asked if you feel uncomfortable or any pain but when I said I felt nothing, she looks glad.

"As long as you're really okay, we agreed to let you be in the regular back. But!" you waited for her to continue.
"If anything happens again, I will never let you play. I don't want you to hurt yourself more than this"
"Thank you, Yui!" you hugged her.

"(y/n), have you finished the practice for today?" you heard Koushi's voice outside of the gym.
"Yes, just finished it" you waved at your teammates before walking out from the gym and go to see Koushi.
"Wait a minute. I want to grab my things" he nodded.

Later, both of you walked together with he's carrying your bag. You insisted to carry it by yourself but he pretends he didn't hear it makes you gave up. You are really grateful with having such a kind boyfriend like Koushi. He's really such a nice guy and knows how to make you happy.

"How are you during the practice game? Do you feel any pain on your right knee?" he asked.
"Nope. Actually, I feel better than before and I feel like I never got injured before. I forgot that I have an injured knee for a second" he flicked your forehead.
"What kind of thing you just said?" he asked while you're shocked, placing your hand on your forehead.
"What was that for?"
"For you because you tend to forget your current conditions" you sulked.

"I told the truth though" he chuckled.
"It doesn't mean that you're not injured."
"You got a game two weeks after this, right?" he continued.
"Yes"

"Be careful, okay. Don't get the ball if you think It will push your knee. You will make your knee more ..." you laughed at his non-stop advice. You feel like you will hear his advice for eternity.
"Koushi, I love you" your declaration makes him stop.
"Wh-What?" you chuckled when you saw his flushed face.
"I love you," you said it again.
"You never fail to make my heart racing, right?" he pulled you into his arms and kissed you.

"Take care of yourself. I don't want to see your hurt" you nodded.

~ The day of the game ~

During your practice session, you found that your injured knee is perfectly fine and you're confident that you can play without fear for today.

"Are you ready guys?" Yui asked and all of you nodded.
"We will win this game!"
"Ohhh!!!"

The first set of the game started with you served the ball. The ball hit on the opponent's side and ended as service ace and gaining a point for your team. The game started as smooth as you want it to be. At the end of the first set, you jumped and spiked the ball and your team won the first set. When you landed, you felt slightly uncomfortable on your right knee but decide to ignore it. You're happy that your team got the first set and getting ready for the second set.

On the second set, you guys fall a bit in the total score. The opponents lead 24-23 right now. The opponents gave a strong serve into your team side and fortunately, your libero got it up but it is slightly off and it flew towards the coach bench. You ran as fast as you can to save the ball and you received it nicely and make it to the spikers and spiked it but the opponent saved it. They got into their formation and when their spiker spiked the ball, your team's blocker got a one-touch from the ball makes it flew away to the back. You ran there and saved the ball but your right knee hit the floor really hard after that.

You ignored the pain you felt and ran back to the court and saw that your team got the point for that, makes the point 24-24. You stomped your right leg to feel if you feel anything out of it but you're glad that you don't feel as much hurt as you felt before. You continue to play the game as nothing happen and now your team only need one more point to win the game. After your teammate serves the ball, the opponent received the ball but it flew back to your side. You guys got into the formation and your setter set the ball towards you and you hit it to the opponent's side, giving you guys the winning point.

As soon as you landed, you felt your right knee throbbing makes you fell down and hold your knee.

"(y/n)!" All of your teammates ran to you and then you heard Koushi's voice.
"(y/n)!" You looked up and saw the worried face of Koushi. You hold your tears because of the hurt.
"Yui, I will take (y/n) from here," Koushi said and Yui nodded.
"Don't worry. I will handle things here. We already finished the game anyway. Take care of (y/n), we will come after this" he nodded before picking you up and carry you like a princess.

"I warned you again and again! Don't push yourself! How can you be so stubborn?!" he's angry at you but you can't say anything because you knew it is your fault.

When you arrive at the treatment room, he put you nicely on the bed and let the doctor examined your leg. Fortunately, it's not that severe because you wear the knee protector, so it's only performed a bruise. You still have to stop for any practice and can't push it too hard or it will become worse in the future. Both of you thanked the doctor after got the treatment and Koushi pick you up again and brought you to the nearest bench.

"Koushi..." you called his name when he doesn't want to face you.
"I am sorry for worrying you," you said it in a slow voice.
"(y/n), please worry about your body condition first before anything else. What if anything happens to you after that? What if something worse than that happens?" you let out a silent sobbed and then he hugged you.

"I love you so much (y/n)." then you hugged him back.
"Thank Koushi. Thanks for everything"
"Right from this moment, if you want to go anywhere or you want to do anything, call me. I will be there for you" he caressed your face and give you a smile.
"Okay. I will do that." you gave him a smile and then you heard your teammates voices calling your name and running toward both of you which makes you laughed.

_______________________________

Yeah! The update for the day! Writing this while hearing Miyu Irino (Suga VA) singing Still really makes me in the mood to write this. His sweet voice... Fall in love again and again. To all my dear requester out there, thank you for always waiting for your request story. I have about 12 chapters in my draft right now. Hope you guys can wait for your story to get the update. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this.

See you next time!

Next Update:
Udai Tenma x Reader

16/10/2020