Nishinoya Yuu x Reader (requested by bored_ilya)

Hello, update for the day. I got a request to make about hanahaki disease so here I am. It actually my first time hearing about this, so I hope I get it true. Have a nice day and enjoy!

"Morning (y/n)" your neighbour next door, Takeru wished you.
"Morning Takeru" you smiled at him. Both of you are going to the same high school so every morning, you guys will walk to the school together.
"Did volleyball club have any activity this morning?" he asked you and you nodded.
"Yup. We got into the national, so, we have to practice harder" he patted your head.
"Don't push yourself too hard, okay?" 
"I am just their manager, not the player" 

"The manager still has a lot to do," he said and you chuckled.
"Okay, okay. How about the basketball team? You guys got into the national too, right?" 
"We don't have any for this morning, but we got a practice match this evening" you nodded.
"Good luck!" you smiled at him but don't see the blush appeared on his face.

"(y/n)!!!" when you're closer to arrive at the school, someone shouted your name and that makes you surprised. When you saw who is the owner of the voice, you blushed. 
"Y-Yuu! Why are you shouting my name like that?" 
"I like to say your name anyway" he grinned at you.
"Anyway, let's go to the gym together" he continued.

"It's okay, I will come later" you nodded and he ran to the gym first.
"Let's go, Takeru. I want to put my things at the class first" you walked with Takeru to the class and laughed together with the jokes he told you. Little did you know, someone is watching you and clenched his heart.

Nishinoya's pov

"(y/n) is always together with Takeru. Is she likes him?" I looked at how the interaction between them, and suddenly I coughed. I closed my mouth with my hand when I cough again and then surprised to see a petal on my hand.
"What is this thing?" I coughed again on my hand and there's blood coming from my mouth with petals. I ran immediately to the nearest toilet, didn't heard someone calling me.

"What the hell is this? Why petals are coming from my mouth?" I washed my hands but then I coughed again and the same situation happened again. I put my hands on my heart, feelings something wrong.
"Are you okay, Nishinoya?" Surprised to hear someone voice, I washed my hand immediately but forgot the sink still has the stain of my blood and the petals.
"Suga-san!" he walked to me and keep my smiling face. Then, his eyes widen.

"What is this blood? Petals?" My eyes widen and looked at the sink. I let out a frustrated sigh.
"Suga-san, I..."
"Do you have hanahaki disease?" I looked at him.
"What is that?" Sugawara sighed.
"Are you in love with someone right now?" he asked and (y/n)'s face comes to my mind.

"(y/n)... I think... What should I do, Suga-san?" 
"She has to return your feelings or you can die because your lungs will fill up with flowers. Or... you can choose to have surgery...the petals will disappear but along with the feelings," I am speechless when I heard it.
"I can't push her to accept my feeling" Sugawara patted on his shoulder.
"Don't worry. I think she likes you too. Confess to her" I smiled. I can make her like me if she's not.   

~ At the gym ~

"(y/n)!" I called her name as soon as I see her in the gym.
"Yuu! I told you don't shout my name!" she mad but I just laughed. I walked to her then I close my face to her ear.
"Then, if I call you like this? (y/n)?" she shocked and put her palm to her ear. 
"Y-Yuu, what's wrong with you today?" I laughed look at how cute she is right now but then I coughed. I closed my mouth immediately and when I looked at it, there's blood and petals on my palm. 

"Yuu! Are you okay?" I ran to the nearest water fountain and washed it. 

"Coughed it again?" I turned around and saw Sugawara. I nodded.
"Confess to her. How about this Saturday? Her birthday on that day, right?"