143: A Devious Plot

Kurama: what's wrong?

Yukina: kurama. Right... I forgot you own this hospital. I came for my mother-in-law. She was seriously hurt, and there is a very good doctor here that could help with her sickness.

Kurama: I see. What issues does she have?

Yukina: she is in the General Surgery Department.

Kurama: I see. Don't worry, Ione does very good at her job.

Yukina: the head of the department? Thank you so much.

Kurama: no need. Where's your husband?

Yukina looked a little sad "raizen... raizen is no longer with us." His widens in surprise over the sudden news "gomen... I didn't know." She smiled just a little "it's not your fault. He passed on due to a clan conflict. He died fighting." She gave a little sigh, but still remained with a small smile.

Kurama: was it recent? If you don't mind me asking.

Yukina: 10 years ago.

Kurama: I see.

Yukina: gomen. I didn't invite you to his funeral. He said not to make a fuss over his death.

Kurama: I understand.

Yukina sighs again.

Kurama: what's the matter?

Yukina: its... nothing much. I just... have a little bit a lot on my plate.

Kurama: I don't mind listening to you over a cup of coffee. We have a great cafeteria here,

Yukina: I don't want to be in your way.

Kurama: I really don't mind.

_______________________________

Kurama: I see. So one side of the faction is trying to run you and your son out of the house. The only way to stay, according to your mother-in-law is to get your son, to become the new head.

Yukina: but he is still so young. He is not even 100 years old. How many things, can he even know?

Kurama: on the other hand, if both of you gets chased out, your clan will come after both of your lives.

Yukina: hai... sighs..

Kurama: I may have an idea... but you would have to trust me.

Yukina: what way?

_______________________________

In a café...

Birun sits down at the small round table set for two. The one sitting opposite her was kurama.

Birun: how surprising. The Youko Kurama inviting me for coffee. I thought you would have charged into our place with your friends just to take your family.

Kurama: aren't you afraid I kill you just like I did my father-in-law?

Birun laughed a little "you wouldn't have me drink tea nonchalantly here if you had that kind of idea."

Kurama: true. How is my wife, my child and my grandchild?

Birun: *laughed* you don't find that mouthful. *sips tea* well... fine. No harm if that's what you're referring to.

Kurama: I trust that even demons like you guys wouldn't just harm a child.

Birun shrugged "I guess."

Kurama: I heard from aiko the deals she made with you. Now, allow me to offer you a solution on how to release my wife from that pervert. How's that?

Birun: cocky.

Kurama: it's not arrogance if I know you don't have an idea yet.

Birun: fine. Let's hear your idea.

Kurama: I have a child, son of the Muran Raizen, Muran Yurai. I wonder if you heard about the background of said child.

_______________________________

"You seem to be a good mood. My Lady." Her servant addressed as she poured tea into the cup of her master,

Birun: that's because I have a hell of a plan. One that would earn me so many benefits I can't stop smiling. Asterisk.

Asterisk: that is very good. Right?

Birun: hai. I can easily get rid of someone without needing my dirty hands. And after getting rid of that guy, I have one less competition.

Asterisk: you are still aiming for that?

Birun: it is not impossible !! asterisk!! We are demons. We have many days. Many many days, it will be possible of what I dreamt.

Asterisk sighs "Lady... everything you do..."

Birun: keep quiet asterisk. I need to head out to do an important thing to set my plan in motion. Brew me a pot of my favourite tea for when I come back.

Asterisk: hai.

_______________________________

Kuwabara held onto yukina's shoulder and she turned around "kuwabara...? How come you're... here...?" He smiled "I heard everything from kurama."

Yukina: eh?

Flashback~

Kuwabara: hahaha. Long time no see. You fox.

Kurama: you too.

Kuwabara: what's the matter? Come visit me in such a late night?

.

.

.

Kuwabara: so basically, you need someone to protect this kid. Someone they would look down. And this person, is me. A human.

Kurama: basically.

End of flashback~

Yukina: arigatou...

He just smiled "no worries. We were that kind of relationship." He blushed a little "in my heart...you are still that... woman for me... forever..."

Yukina: kuwabara...

_______________________________

Birun: hey. Arvine.

Arvine: birun? What brings you here? I am not interested in whatever ideas you have.

Birun: that's mean. I am not the only one who always have ideas in this house.

Arvine: just what do you want?

Birun: I have a boy that I picked up in some fight. He has a little bit of skills. I am just wondering if you want him. You know, I don't have space for these kind of things.

Arvine: I am no orphanage.

She rolled her eyes "Right... if you don't want him, I will give him to someone else."

Arvine: wait! What kind of skills?

Birun: ice.

Arvine: I will take him.

Birun: sure?

"hai" arvine answered annoyingly.

Birun: ok. I will send him over in a while.

*smirks*

Here we go.

Don't say I didn't give you a chance to say no.

This will be the start of your downfall.