23: I Have To Save My Mother

Arina returns back home. She tries her key and realised it's unlocked " ale?" She opens it and sees Kurama inside looking at something. " Kurama. What are you doing ? "

" This. " He turns around holding the piece of paper " where do I get this ? "

Arina : I'm not telling you.

Kurama ; she will die. My mother will die.

Arina : if you actually find this, you will die !!!

Kurama : she's my mother !!! She has been taking care of me since I was in this body !!

Arina ; and I've been looking out for you since you've been in there. I can't just let you there !!

Kurama ; please...

Arina : you're asking me to watch you die !!!

He held onto her shoulders " I know I promised you. But I owe her a lot. She's someone I care a lot about too. I can't just watch you take her. Arina. " He looked into her eyes and pleaded.

Arina : it's...

Kurama : you don't want me to be sad and depressed do you ?

She clenches her fist " it's ... A spirit realm item. It's hidden... Where koenma-sama's building is. "

He hugs her " arigatou. I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. "
________________________________

Botan ; Arina. What are you doing here ?

Yusuke : who is this ? Your friend ?

Botan : hai. She's the same as me. A spirit guide. Except she's actually a yokai.

Yusuke: eh ? I see.

Botan ; she's kind of special.

Arina : I know... Where Kurama is.

Botan : you do ?!!

Yusuke : where ?!!

Arina : after you found him, you need to promise me something.

Yusuke : promise what ?

Her tears flowed " stop him. Do whatever it is to stop him !!!! "

Yusuke : why don't you ?

Her legs give way and she collapsed her knees to the floor " I can't... He won't listen to me. It's not like I can fight him. In the end... He'll just convince me... Please... Stop him. "

Yusuke: I got it !! I promise to. Tell me where he is.
________________________________

On a hospital rooftop ...

Kurama: you managed to find me without me leading you here. Was it Arina ?

Yusuke ; she wants me to stop you.

Kurama : she has always been soft on me. She know she can't convince me so she hope you do. Don't worry, I'll return this after I make my wish.

Yusuke : I won't let you !!

Kurama: it's not a destroy the humans kind of wish. I just want to save my mother.

Yusuke ; what ?

The door to the stairs of the rooftop barges open " don't let him !!! He'll die !! If he makes a wish, he'll die !! That's the condition of making a wish to the ankokukyo !! " Arina yelled.

Kurama starts to make a wish and yusuke tries to snatch it back over as the full moon makes itself appear. Kurama manages to make the wish as the two struggles to snatching the mirror.

Kurama : let go !!

Yusuke ; no !! Don't you know how a mother would feel if they lose their own son !!! I won't let you take your life !!

Kurama:  let go !!!

The mirror shines a pillar of light and it causes the both of them to let go of the mirror rolling aside.

Arina collapses to the floor " no... He made the wish... "

Kurama ; gomen. Arina.

" fine. I won't take any sacrifices this time. " The mirror spoke as it took partial energy from both of them。

Arina runs to the mirror and picks it up " what... Was that... Could it be ? " She turned to Kurama " shiori-san !!! Go and look at her !! "

________________________________

" Your mother miraculously healed. She should be fine to leave after a few days of observation. " The doctor informed him.

Kurama : arigatou.

" No need. It's our job. It's really a miracle. I've never seen anything like it. "

Shiori : Shuichi.

Kurama : mother.