96: Mothers & Their Child

" so you must be Minamino Arina.
Minamino Kazoku's nee-chan right ? " The lady asked.

-_- ????

O_O !!!!

Ah.... Cos I look young. I can't possibly say I'm kazoku's mother. That would be ridiculous to her nah, with these looks. Then again, if I say I'm the eldest, I would be respected equally as her mother right ?

Arina : hai... ? I'm the eldest.

" I'm Funano Mikan. I'm Ayato zenshi's mother. "

Arina: ah... I see. Not here because of a sickness.

Funano : no. I'm divorced and remarried.

Arina : wait. Let me call my husband

I don't really know how to deal with these stuff. She seems troublesome.

-_-"'''

Funano ; so you're the type that relies on her husband huh ? I thought you would be more independent, seeing you're the physician here.

Arina pulls open her door " Shuichi! Ayato-kun's mother has visited us. Could you come ? " She sweatdrops.
.
.
.
Kurama: nice to meet you. Funano-san.

Funano: Same to you. Shuichi-san. What a young couple.

Kurama ; arigatou. We were meaning to contact you. But ayato-kun said it was unnecessary. That you had your own life.

Funano: I do. But he's my son. I'm concerned.

Kurama: I see.

Funano: I've heard everything from that useless Mikoto. You want them to get married with a marital ritual from your hometown. With that ritual, you guys will acknowledge him as your brother-in-law. Is that right ?

Kurama : hai. That's right.

So she thinks Arina is kazoku's eldest sister. I must be the brother-in-law then. Might as well play along.

Funano: fine. I shall go along with this ritual thing. But with one condition.

Kurama: condition ?

The door slams open " how dare you appear here after so long. You abandoned me and remarried. This has nothing to do with you. "

Funano: ayato. Long time no see.

Ayato : I see. I was wondering how that old man managed to find here. You told him to come here.

Funano ; he's your father. He can come here just to see you.

Ayato : no, you must have told him some rubbish like I'm here and he should try to reach out to me to get me to forgive him.

Funano: well you did. Didn't you ?

Ayato ; but in reality, you just want him to tell you how I'm living right now. You haven't changed a bit.

Funano : and look. You're living quite fine. Even got a rich family.

Ayato : none of your business

Funano: you're my son. It's my business

Kurama ; and I think you're a little misunderstood. We're not rich .

Funano: that's not what Mikoto said.

Kurama sighed " because he told you we had a big house with a big space ?"