127: A Request From Maina Fuiin

" Hi. "

Vislan : hi.

" I would like to make a request..."

Vislan: sure. Name. Phone number.

" Maina. " And the yokai writes down her number.

Vislan : maina what's your request ?

Maina : you guys take any requests? Any kind ?

Vislan: is there a special request you would like to make ?

Maina : hai. Would be very difficult and maybe nobody even dare to take it. That's why I'm asking. If there's anyone who actually dares to take this.

Hiei overheard " interesting. "

Maina : I take that as a yes then. I would you to help me rescue a prisoner from a clan.

Vislan : which clan ?

Maina : the Fuiin.

Vislan : I got it. That will be quite expensive.

Maina puts the picture on the table " this yokai. I have the money."

Vislan : ok then. I'll give you a call to tell you if there's anyone on this quest.

" Arigatou. " And she leaves. Hiei comes over and takes a look " this guy huh ? "

Vislan : don't think about doing this alone. It's not that kind of job.

Hiei : I know.

Vislan : I need to go out for a while.
____________________________________

Kurama: Vislan. Coming to my house aren't you afraid Arina finds out ?

Vislan : I know she's not in. I called mamoru. Let's go for a cup of coffee or tea. Now.

Kurama : I got it.
.
.
.
Vislan: maina. Her full name is Maina Fuiin. Current Chief of the Fuiin clan. 29th chief.

Kurama: what does have to do with me ?

Vislan : the request she came to me with, is to help rescue a yokai. A prisoner. That yokai is the 27th chief of the Fuiin clan. Rekuez Fuiin.

Kurama: the 27th chief is kept as a prisoner ?

Vislan : the chief of the Fuiin clan works more like a figurehead that represents the clan. The chief is of course the strongest fighter and get a say on the other branch families in the clan. But... When it concerns about the survival of the clan. Like alliances and projects to make the clan stronger, these decisions are made in the council.

Kurama: a council ?

Vislan : that's right. A council of 9 members. Only if you're high enough up to chain and a fuiin, you'll know about this. I know this because I got offered the seat once .

Kurama: as a council member ?

Vislan : I was decidedly the next Dierai chief. They wanted me for them instead of for the Dierai. I'm strong too, it will add an addition to their power.

Kurama : you didn't like responsibilities and said no

Vislan : ah. Point is, Rekuez was the one who started the Project zero.

Kurama: why do you only tell this to me now ?!

Vislan : because maina wants to free Faye. This means .... She's bent on destroying the council. The 9 members. It's the perfect chance to get Rekuez out without having trouble on your heads. Plus, you think fuiin walls are easy to break into ? It's not a matter of skill when you were a thief .

Kurama: I see. Thanks for coming to me with this.

Vislan : no need. Arina is my imoto. I want to help too.

Kurama: mamoru told you ? What we were looking for.

Vislan: aiko did. She may not look like it, but she does pay attention when it matters .

Kurama: aiko...

Vislan : by the way, kietsu is super cute. Aiko brought him over once to show her own kawaii ototo off.

Kurama sweatdrops " I told her to babysit. "