94: Ayato's Father, Zenshi Mikoto

" Arina. " Kurama wipes off the crumb of the corner of her lips " the sensei at the elementary school called and told us to send mamoru to middle school because he doesn't fit there. Said that he's a genius. "

Arina: I don't really know about these stuff.

Kurama: to be honest, I'm thinking of letting mamoru quit school . The school here can't help him . He's too smart.

Arina : just like you.

Kurama: ah... He's turning out a lot like me. Scheming and calm and rational. I was thinking of sending him to hirou. I know he has a library full of books of knowledge.

Arina : to hirou huh... Back to the demon realm... What did mamoru say ?

Kurama: he says it's boring here too. He has read materials up to high school. He finds those things irrelevant and boring although he understands it perfectly.

Arina : and ?

Kurama: he doesn't find anything he wanted to study here in the mundane world.

Arina takes the last mouth of the cake " if you think the demon realm is best for him, then send him. Asurie is there , so he'll be fine. She takes care of anyone who was once her disciple."

Kurama : Arina. That's my cake.

" Hehe. Yours is a lot nicer. Don't be angry. " She kisses him on the lips to pass him bits of what she hadn't finished biting. She uses her tongue to push it into his mouth. She releases the kiss and a saliva thread forms " see. I can share. "

"naughty girl. " He cups her head and kisses back of what she initiated.

The door slides open and they break up the kiss to divert the attention to the door. " Mama! Papa ! I've got something to say ! " Kazoku says.

Ayato held onto her hand " would you let me marry your daughter, kazoku ?"

Arina : that's good news.

Kurama: are you suggesting the yokai marital rites ?

Kazoku: hai.

Kurama: is that ok with you ? Ayato-kun.

Ayato : hai. Thank you for taking me in as one of your family.

Arina : oh. Where is she going to stay though ? You stay with your parents right ? Is there enough of space ? After you two marry.

Ayato : about that... Is it ok if I stay here after we get married ? I don't mind becoming a Minamino even .

Kurama: eh ? That's too far. It's ok. To stay with us. We have a lot of space anyway.

Arina : need to heal one or two yokais and then ask them to expand space in exchange then.

Kurama: I've got that covered. After all, we have so many yokais who owe us favours.

Arina : hehe. Kurama is the best.

Kurama: so, maybe you can tell your parents and we can find a day to meet ?

Ayato: I don't have parents.

____________________________________

Arina : next !!

A guy walked in " you ... You're Minamino? " He burps. The guy was obviously drunk. She sweatdrops "er... What's wrong with you ? "

" I.... I... " He burps. " I'm fine !!!"

Arina : what is your name? Mister.

" My name? My name is... " He hiccups " zen... " He hiccups again. She sweatdrops " should I just force feed him hangover medicine ?" She thinks.

" hey... " He downs more alcohol "pretty girl. Why do you want to know my name ? Did you actually want ... " He stands up and walks swaying a bit.

" uhno... Mister. Sit down. I'll give you sound hangover medicine." She stands up from her seat and walks pass him to the door to go outside to get the medicine. She twists the knob of the door and opens the door. But that's when the drunkard forces the door back close " why ? Running away from me ? Pretty girl ? "

Arina : haha. Trapped by a drunkard. Let me go. Mister.

" Why ? "

She turns away and pushes him away. He back steps and sits on the table , he downs more alcohol " rough... I like. " He stands up once again a bit swaying and grabbed her hand pulling her in. The distance closes and he grabs onto her cheek with the same hand.

The door pushes open and Kurama rushes in. " Arina ! " he pulls the man's grip off her and pulls her backwards away from the man. He turns around to look at her " Arina. Daijobu ? "

" Kurama. " She wraps her arms around him for security " um... " She looked to the man " he's seriously drunk. He needs hangover medicine. "
____________________________________

The man wakes up " oh... My head doesn't hurt. That's new. Who are you ? "

Kurama: that's how good our hangover medicine is.

" Hangover medicine. Wow. It's good. I've never been this awake. "

Kurama: you have a liver that's failing. You could have it cured if you want. What is it that you came to our clinic for ? Mister.

" what... I don't... Remember... "

Kurama ; so you don't remember that you harassed my wife either.

" What ? Oh... I might have done that..."

Kurama: no apology. You're a really rude and crude man. Since you're ok, you should leave.

" Yea. It's not like I wanted to awake."

" Shuichi-san! Shuichi-san?! I got honey cakes. " Ayato enters the patient room " Shuichi-san. I got honey cakes. We can have tea. " That's when he saw a familiar old man he despised. His face blackens " why the hell are you here ?!!!"

Kurama: you know him ? Ayato-kun.

" This drunkard is my Zenshi Mikoto."

Kurama: oh. You're zenshi-san. Ayato-kun's father.