27: An Unknown Answer To A Question

Shiori ; arina-chan. Come in come in.

Arina : your legs seem better.

Shiori ; um um. I think they are because of the medicine you gave me. Even the doctor said that he had never seen anyone recover in physiotherapy so fast. It's almost like I've better physical than people of my own age.

Arina makes her seat down " mind if I check ? "

Shiori: you know this ?

Arina : learnt a little from my parents.  My father is a professional.

Shiori : oh.

Arina squeezes Shiori's leg from the thigh to the ankle gently " um. The recovery rate is good. It's perfect condition. "

Shiori: right ?

Arina : do you still have the medicine ? The ones I gave you.

Shiori ; I finished them. I was wondering if you could tell me where to buy them. I would like to buy more.

Arina : the quantity is just right ...

Shiori : Arina-chan ?

Arina got shocked " ah !! Huh ?!" Shiori laughed " you're easily shocked neh. Arina-chan. "

Arina : I... Get absorbed in my work easily.

Shiori ; about the medicine.

Arina ; you don't need anymore. Those are supplements specially for building and recovering muscles. Can't take over than needed. It will cause bad consequences.

Shiori: arina-chan sounds almost like a doctor. Maybe you could be one next time.

" Maybe. " Arina stood up " ok. I'll leave these here. " It was a box of cakes she brought in and placed on the table earlier " enjoy them."

Shiori ; you're not staying ?

Arina shakes her head " it's fine. These are your favourite cakes right ? " Shiori opens the box " um !! My favourite, Vanilla Cherry. Shuichi's favourite, Lavender Rose. Oh. Blackforest. Is this your favourite ? "

Arina ; um. I wanted to bring that home. It's ok. You can have it.

Shiori ; why don't you stay for tea ?

The door unlocks and someone was returning home. It was obvious who. As expected, it was shuichi.

Shuichi: mother. Tadaima.
( I'm home )

Shiori : okaeri. Oh. You're back in time. Arina-chan is here.
( Welcome back )

Arina : no. I'm going back now. Just came to see shiori-san.

Shiori: really not staying ?

" No. I've got... Homework. Bye bye. Shiori-san. " And she starts to leave for the door where he is standing. She walks pass him to the outside.

Shiori: Arina-chan...

He goes out and closes the door behind him and gives chase where she was still in their front yard. He grabs onto her wrist , this time he doesn't let go " Arina. "

Arina sighs " your mother is fine. " He pulls her in with enough force to turn her into his embrace, so that he could have his other hand wrapped around her waist. This wasn't a move to make her bewitched by him. It wasn't some romantic move. He held on her tight on both hands so that she couldn't run anymore. He looked into her eyes with some sort of desperateness " Arina. " Some sort of plead.

She tries to struggle away but unsuccessfully. So she tries to look away " what... "

Kurama : what are you angry at ?

Arina : .... I don't know... I don't know !!!

Kurama : Arina.

Arina : I never break my promises !!! You promised to be my keeper!!! And then ... And then you want to die !! I know. She took care of you. We are in her debt. Or should I say... You're in her debt, because that's how you see it. You never even thought about me... There's no me... In your plans.

Kurama : so that's why...

Arina pushes him away, he lets go of her for some reason. Maybe because of guilt that, what she said was the truth.

There was tears in her eyes threatening to fall, but she held them back " I know. Minamino Shuichi is Youko Kurama. But... Even if Shuichi has kurama's memories and think like Kurama.  Even if it hurts... I have to admit... Maybe... As Shuichi, I'm not someone you've come to love for the same reason Kurama did. " Those tears she held back flowed and she walked away.

His head hung down " Arina. " There was no response he could give for what she just said.

Was it true ?

Was it not true ?

He did not know. He himself needed an answer for that question.

He returned back home.

Shiori : Shuichi. Didn't you send arina-chan back home?

He forced a smile " no. She insisted going back home. "

Shiori ; I see... I don't know what's going on. But I can tell she's avoiding you. You probably did something to hurt her to make her do that . I hope you'll do something to make her come back. She's really a nice girl.

" Um. I'll ... Think of something... " He went up the stairs