66: The Ice Maidens Come

A layer of thick ice formed over the barrier. It breaks as the barrier refuses to budge.

Kurama runs out to see what's going on. Arina was outside watching the ice maidens trying to attack the barrier. The ice maidens had surrounded their cottage. Arina runs to hide behind him " Kurama. It's not going to hold for long. My yoki is running out... They have too many on their side. "

Kurama: it's ok. Just leave it to me . Go to where yukina is. 

" I got it. " And Arina runs into the cottage.

Hiei appears beside Kurama " these old hags. So they've finally come knocking. "

Kurama: the barrier is not going to hold for long.

Raizen appears beside hiei " I didn't think they would be this persistent. "

The barrier finally breaks and the ice maidens starts attacking them. Kurama summons huge demon realm plants that had blue stems and purple leaves. They entangle the ice maidens as they charge forward. The ice maidens try to freeze the stems entangled on them.

Kurama : those aren't breakable just by freezing them. They're plants from your land. Don't you recognise them ?

" Devil's Ice Trap ?!"

Kurama : that's right. They move towards the slightest movement and can endure the extreme cold.

Hiei takes the chance to kill those that were entangled and couldn't get out. However there were also stronger ice maidens were managed to break free and continues charging forward. Raizen then releases lightning to kill some who were coming towards the cottage.

.
.
.

Four ice maidens manage to pass through three of them and gets onto the roof of the room where yukina and Arina was. The four of them prepares four big icicles and shoots them through the roof to below.

" Yukina !!!" Raizen and hiei screamed.

Kurama : Arina !!

Four black strings attached with scalpals go through the four holes created by the icicles, and stab accurately into the maidens' hearts.  The maidens collapsed onto the roof.

An ice maiden had managed to get into the room they were in through the door.

Yukina : Hanonaki-san.

Four icicles were stabbed slightly into the barrier Arina had made around yukina who was carrying her baby boy in her arms. The barrier were cracked slightly around the icicles.

Hanonaki : you're not going to last long with that kind of barrier. I see. You made it.

Arina : I'm not letting you get to her.

Hanonaki: why ? He will turn out just like hiei, yukina's nii-san.

Yukina : hiei.... Is my... Nii-san?

Arina : hiei turned out fine.

Hanonaki: don't be ridiculous. Ah ... You're getting out of breath. Daijobu. I'll take this trouble out of your hands.

Yukina : I'll take care of yurai with raizen ourselves

Yukina : I'll take care of yurai with raizen ourselves. We will never go back . We won't cause trouble for the ice maidens.

Hanonaki: I said, don't be ridiculous. I'm not like those old hags. Now that I've taken over as chief of the land, I'll make sure not one thing will ruin our reputation. Not even you. We are ice maidens. We are pure, clean and do not create such an abdominal thing.

Yukina : then then , you can disown me.

" You've always caused trouble since young. Getting captured by a human and used as tool. Now, given birth to that thing. Daijobu. I'll now end all of it. You and that thing's death. I'll deliver it. Daijobu. You won't feel lonely. " She stretches her hand out and creates a big ice spear.

Arina struggles to move and hugs the barrier revealing her back to hanonaki.

" Arina... Arina run !! " Yukina starts to tear " Arina. Don't!! Run !!"

Arina : baka. If I run, you and yurai will die.

" Fine. Die with her. " And hanonaki released the ice spear. The ice spear flies at a fast speed towards their direction.

" Yukina !!" Raizen shoots a bolt of lightning from afar. The bolt of lightning hits the ice spear but does not break it. It diverts the spear from its path and hits on the left of Arina's torso penetrating through her body and now reaching the barrier.

Yukina : Arina..

" I won't let you... I delivered that baby. You damn it !!!" And the barrier strengthens once more . The ice spear runs out of its energy and shatters. Arina collapses.

Yukina : Arina !!

Hanonaki : now there's no one to save you. That flimsy barrier. Bye bye yo. Yukina.

A whip tangles her wrist and pulls her wrist backwards. She turns around and sees the three of them " tsk . You guys took out all of them ?"

Hiei : leave her alone.

Raizen : leave them both alone.

Kurama : well you heard them. You're lucky I'm not ticked yet.

" Hmph. Forget it then. Another day. " She freezes the whip tangled around her wrist and it breaks.

Kurama : there's no another day. Give up now.

Hanonaki: or what ?

Raizen : are you intending to go against the Muran clan ?

" Tsk ." And hanonaki leaves.

" Kurama... " Arina says softly. Kurama goes to her side and flipped her to the front " Arina. "

Arina : is she gone ?

Kurama : um. She's gone. Well done. Arina.

The barrier comes down.