16: The Surgery

The patient went under anaesthesia and was unconscious. The surgery has started and the yokai was opened up on the table.

" So how was your love life ? " The assistant, Callie asked.

Arina: you talk a lot. Callie.

Callie: you just talked lesser. We used to have so much to talk to before you left.

Arina; we aren't that on good terms I believe.

Callie : don't be like that. You were just silly to believe in this guy here. Work is just work you know.

Arina: that's right , work involves sexual activity

Vicel takes out one organ and picks up the fresh one " are you still jealous about it ? Angry still. " He starts to sew the fresh one in.

Arina : not interested in someone like you.

Then, an artery, a vein was cut. Blood spurts out onto his face. Arina slides her finger over that area and it stops temporarily " see. This is why. Cos your technique suck. "

Vicel removes another organ " this is normal, doing a surgery on such a big guy where his vessels and organs are everywhere. That's why you're here. "

Callie : so angsty. Are you not getting sex from that yokai ? He seems quite hot enough though.

Vicel ; next organ.

" Hai. " Callie passes the organ to Vicel .

Arina : I think that's none of your business.

Callie : ho ho. So it's true ? Could it be ? You actually still have feelings~~ for...

Arina's face darkens and her yoki rises " another word . I can't guarantee I won't decide to harvest your organs . "

Callie swallows in her saliva with fear " gomenasai!! "

The surgery went on for several hours, 72 hours to be exact with 4 breaks in between. The surgery was finally over.

Vicel : you'll close the vessels you temporarily closed and the body too right ?

Arina : ah.

" Good. " and Vicel left.

Kurama came into the room shortly after Vicel left " Arina. Not done ? "

Arina : just need to close some holes and the body too.

Kurama: you haven't rested at all, while he has already tested 4 times.

Arina : the faster it's finished, the faster the patient gets to wake up. I ate something that boosts my adrenaline for 76 hours. So I'll stay awake for a few more hours.

Kurama ; does it have any side effects ?

Arina closes up the body " well... I'll sleep for 76 hours to claim it back. Nothing is perfect. "

Kurama : that bastard is here. You're not worried ?

She throws the gloves in the bin and washes her hand. She walks over and hugs him " hehe. I have Kurama. Don't I ? "

Kurama : feeling tired yet ?

Arina: the effects of the medicine isn't over yet. Hehe.  I can entertain kurama a little if you want.

He strokes her hair " come on. I'll get you a bed. I want you to rest. "