148: Birun & Bainai

Birun entered Wendy's room " you were looking for me? Wendy."

Wendy mixed her different coloured powders in a glass bowl " sit." Birun did as asked at the table.

Wendy: tea.

Her servants brought tea to birun. Birun picks up the cup and sips " so? what's the matter ?"

Wendy: when are you going to stop?

birun : what are you talking about?

wendy: You have aiko in your hands. She is a strong fighter, that I know. She destroyed androme's entire section.

Birun laughed a little, with much fakeness " believe me. I didn't tell her to do that. She just runs off her own. I was suprised and a little bit sad that even happened."

wendy: sad ? You have less one competitor against you to take over my seat. Or should I say ... No Competitor.

Birun: you sure jest. There is still Faye, Mieran and Gul. They wouldn't agree.

Wendy: so you remember, there are others loyal to this clan, to the order of this clan. Is there something you think I did badly as the leader ?

Birun: well... you don't have any powers as a Fuiin. I truly don't understand why you were passed the seat. Only I and Bainai truly help to expand our clan's powers these few years. While you did, nothing.

Wendy: our clan doesn't need to expand powers with you and bainai's methods. If anything, it makes us more fragile if any slight mistake were to happen. Putting us in a bigger risk than over.

Birun sighs " what short foresight as our leader."

wendy: what was your plan ? You do understand Faye, Mieran and Gul will stand in both your ways if you attempt usurpation. 

Birun: What's with you today? Leader. Talking so straight today.

Wendy: Arvine and Androme are gone. I expect more trouble in future. From you and bainai.

Birun: then what makes you think I will tell?

Wendy opens the small little chamber pot and pours the coloured powders in " then should I predict it ?" she closes the lid on and light it up below, litting it up like an incense " Your plan will be to continuing to pull Arina's children one by one to your side. Aiko is strong, she could kill Gul for you. Kurama and Mamoru is sly, both of them could take out Mieran easily for you. "

Birun: there is still faye.

Wendy: Faye... you and bainai could kill him yourself.

Birun: I only have aiko. Kurama hates me. He will never help me. What you are saying, doesn't even...

" no. " Wendy interrupted "With Arina's baby and kazoku's baby as well, you will use them as leverage. Probably set it up like it was Mieran's fault that the baby are in his hands. Or even worse, killed. So they would have to kill Mieran for you, either way."

Birun pours another cup of tea from the teapot " I guess you aren't made the leader for nothing."

Wendy: stop this. Birun. Helping Bainai to become the leader, will he appreciate you?

Birun: I don't know what you are talking about.

Wendy: you are smart. So is he. I don't know who came up with these plans first, but, I know you are doing it for him. Because you love him deeply.

Birun grips onto her teacup with much strength " it's not your business."

Wendy: if he actually ever really reciprocated your feelings, why didn't he ever asked to marry you?

" you will never understand. Since you know , we are coming for you, then sit tight. You will be dead soon." and birun stood up and leaves.

Wendy: poor thing. The one dying is you.

" Wendy-sama." the servant keeps the tea. " do we need to send some people to follow up?"

Wendy blows off the flame liting the incense " um. Pick up our people."

The servant bowed " Hai. "

-----------------------------------------------------

Birun picked up the ring on the table and looked... She thought back to the past...

Flashback ~

Bainai: Birun. My father told me he will pass his seat on the Council to me.

Birun: that's great !!

Bainai : I have a dream. Birun. I want to become the Leader of the clan. Then I will make us stronger than ever. We won't have to rely on anyone anymore.

Birun: You can do that?

Bainai: we will just have to make any yokai who joins us, a Fuiin.

Birun: that ... is possible?

Bainai strokes her hair " don't worry. I will make my dreams realised."

Birun : um. I am happy for you.

" But I will need your help." He looks into her eyes " Will you help me?"

Birun : help you? You want me to take over my mother's place at the Council?

Bainai: Yes. Will you?

Birun :.... Sorry bainai. I am selfish too. I love you. I want to be your wife. Council members are not allowed marriage. To prevent too much power in one side.

He kissed her on the forehead " silly girl. Once I become the leader, you can step down. I will marry you. I promise, I won't have any other woman." She looked up into his eyes " really ?"

He took out a ring " I heard in the human world, this is a promise for marriage. This is mine." She looks at the ring in his palm " the dream... that important to you ?"

Bainai: um. It is important. And I want you, to help me. My beloved.

" ok..." She takes the ring and wears it. He kisses her to her lips.

End ~

Birun : all of these... will come true right? Bainai.