30: Getting A Present

Shiori : oh... This soup is so good. How does arina-chan make it ?

Kurama ; I'll be sure to ask her next time.

Shiori ; you and her are ok already ?

Kurama ; well, you could say that.

Shiori ; that's great !! Then... Why doesn't she stay everytime ? She just cooks and cleans and just disappears before I come back.

Kurama ; she's probably busy with her stuff.

Shiori: I see.
________________________________

Yusuke: oh hey !!! Arina !!

Arina ; hey.

Yuseke ; you're here to join the exam too ? How come I didn't see you at the first three tests ?

Arina : of course not. This baa baa (old grandma) made me come.

Yuseke : you know this baa baa ?

Arina : long story. She asked me to come this time. To help with healing the injured. I'm getting paid right ?

Genkai : I never said anything about being paid.

Arina : eh ?!! That's not fair !! I had to spend time to come here !!

Genkai : like I care.

Arina : I've already healed all those people for you in the third test. Genkai !!!

Genkai : fine fine. I'll give you some money.

Arina : hmph. That's better.

Genkai : are you that in need of money ? You're just a yokai.

Arina : I want to buy a present for Kurama !!

Kuwabara ; who is this girl ? You know her ? She looks like a kid.

Arina : huh ?!!! I'll leave you to die I tell you!!

Yuseke ; maaa maaa. So you and Kurama, you're both ok ?

Arina : um. He explained stuff to me. We're ok now. That's why I want to buy a present for Kurama for his birthday.

Genkai : since when do yokais have birthdays .

" you wouldn't understand " she told genkai " Hehe. For his human birthday." She told them.

Yuseke : I see.

Arina ; alright. I've got other stuff to do. I'm leaving. I'll come back after your last exam is over.

Genkai : sure you're not staying to watch ?

Arina : koenma-sama have a lot stuff for me. Work work.

Genkai : um. See you then.

Kuwabara: urameshi. Who's that girl ?

Yuseke : ah. Just someone I know.
________________________________

A few days later...

Arina : hmm... I don't know about human boys stuff to buy... What should I buy...

Yuseke: Arina. What are you doing in this area ? I've never seen you here.

Arina : present.

Yuseke : ah. For Kurama huh.

She nods " I don't want him finding me when I'm picking a present. So..."

Yuseke : I see.

Arina ; I don't know what to buy. I've never bought presents for humans. Except maybe two of them... They were both female and I knew what they need.

Yuseke ; I guess that's a good standard. You don't know what Kurama needs ?

Arina : mmm... No... I've already done all the things he needs. Like helping to take care of his mother.

Yuseke sweatdrops " you actually go that far huh ? Almost as if like you're his wife already . "

Arina : eh ? Is that what humans do only when they're someone's wife ?

Yuseke: well ... Kind of.

Arina : I see... For yokais, there's no such thing. I was just keeping a promise and didn't think much of it. I mean, that would make Kurama happy. So I did that. Wasn't much trouble either.

Yuseke sweatdrops " I see."

Arina : hmm ~~ present.

Yuseke: shouldn't you just get him a present you think he would need ?

Arina : mmm... But I don't think he needs anything. Ah !!!! Human traditions are so difficult.

Yuseke: well. I can't help you then. Good luck.

Arina ; um...