29: Please Trust Me

Kurama: Arina.

Kamine ; I'll leave you two ~~

Arina : hai ? Shuichi-kun.

Kurama: I saw Marline come harass you. Daijobu ?

Arina : see, without a keeper, I'm still fine. I can protect myself. Thanks for your concern.

Kurama : I don't want us to become like that.

There was a short silence between them. She started speaking " Bye bye. Shuichi-kun. " She turned away.

Why ? Why couldn't I make her stay ? So much for legendary thief. I can't even make a girl stay.

________________________________

Play rehearsal...

Ririku; eh ? Marline can't come to this time's rehearsal?  She has a rash ? Then how...

Kurama ; how about we get a replacement. How about Arina?

Ririku; sure. Arina-chan ~~ could you please be a replacement~~ Just have to read the lines. Just this once.

Kamine : ok ok !!

Arina : kamine ! Ugh.
.
.
.

Ririku ; where's your script ?

Arina : memorised. Just a few line right ?

Ririku; ok !! Start !! Scene 2 !!

Kurama: you're that girl in the supermarket that day.

Arina ; ah. And you're the guy who helped me. I have money this time. I'll return you.

Kurama ; it's fine. Why don't you treat me to coffee instead.

Arina ; pretends to giggle.

Ririku sweatdrops " no. You're supposed to giggle. Not read it out. "

Arina ; I'm just a replacement.

Ririku: fine...

Arina : is that how you court girls ?

Kurama ; well, it's love at first sight. Don't want you running off again. I've been thinking you all this time. Could you give me a chance , a time of a coffee drink ?

Arina's fist clenches and her face darkens " are you sure ? "

Ririku: huh ? did she memorise wrongly ?

Arina: are you sure it's ok to just fall in love to anyone you just see ?

Ririku: that's not in the script!!

Arina : maybe you don't love her. Maybe you just got used to her and trust her after a long time. You thought you actually love her. But you don't.

Ririku ; what the hell is going on ?

Arina: that's right... I don't know what that means... With all that care you gave me... but you don't love me... Again... Another one...

Kamine: Arina... Those are her real feelings.

Arina's tears fell " maybe... This is my real curse. " She wipes her tears away and left the stage.
________________________________

Marline; you... You did something and now my face has all this rash !!! So you could go on stage !!! You jealous bitch.

Arina : not in the mood. Out of the way...

Marline charges towards Arina and punches her. Arina dodges and steps sideways. Marline falls forward to the floor. Marline stands up " you... " Arina ignored her and moved forward. Marline charges towards Arina again, but suddenly she was being pulled backwards.

She turned around " Minamino-kun?"

Kurama : If you're angry about the rash, Arina didn't do it.

Marline: I know you're kind but you shouldn't side this bitch!!! She's a two faced bitch !!

Arina : hai hai. *Rolls eyes*  You'll be fine tomorrow. No more rash and no scar as long as you don't scratch. You'll still be able to go to the play.

Marline ; why should I believe you ?!!

Arina ; did you go to the doctor ?

Marline ; the doctor did say that... I won't forget this !!

Kurama let's go of his grip " no bullying her. " Marline leaves.

Arina turned around to face him, to her , she thought it would be one last time " Ah. I'm going back to the spirit realm tomorrow. There's no more reason for me to be here anymore. I was here to keep a promise. But now... Even if I go back, I still can keep half that promise. That... Should be enough."

Kurama : how about kamine ?

Arina ; I'll tell her tomorrow. That I'm going vacation. Make up a dumb website that said I died. Something like that.

He clenches his fist " don't go back !!"

Arina : why ?

He rushes his steps towards her and runs to hug her " because I'm not another one. I'm not just used to you. Not just trust you. I don't know what to say to make you believe me. But I can't imagine my days without you. "

Arina : how do I trust you... Kurama.

He cups her head in " please trust me. I love you. I don't want you to leave me. "

Her tears fell again " you can't do this to me... Keep pulling me towards you... I don't want ... Don't want end up like that pathetic me again..." She pushes him away and backsteps " no... No. You have to explain yourself." She wipes her tears away.

Kurama : explain what ?

Arina : why ?!! Why didn't you think of me ?

Kurama ; gomen, because I thought me dying wouldn't hurt anyone.

" what... I would !!! I would be very very sad !! I would be in sadness for a very very long time. So sad I don't think I would ever be happy again !!!" She yelled at him.

Kurama ; you would die for me. I thought it was the same kind of thing. That you would forgive me for doing that.

" .... You didn't ask me... You knew I would agree with you in the end... I hate you... I hate you for doing that to me..." her tears fell again. She covers her face with her hands " I hate you. "

" gomen. I couldn't protect you from me. " He hugs her in once again. She cries " Kurama... " And she leans against his chest.