107: The Director of Shiori Research

Marie wakes up " you... Saved me. Except.... I feel... Different... "

Deo : omedeto. You're my first patient to undergo a surgery to become yokai from human.

Marie ; what... ? Yokai ?

Deo ; not sure about what abilities you have... You've got to discover that on yourself.

Marie : what are you talking about?!!

" Right. Beginner's guide." Deo makes a bubble of water float in his hand " I'm a water user. You've got to explore yours. "

Marie : monster... That's what you meant.

Arina came out " hey ! Looking good. Quick update. You're dead. You don't exist as a human. You're not human. You're going back with us to the demon realm. "

Marie : what do you mean ?!! I still have a job !! As a doctor in a hospital!!!

Arina: no longer human. No human job.

Marie ; how about Gail ?!! My kid !!

Arina : we'll help you smuggle him in. There's no school there though. So...~~ I guess you can leave him here . He can stay here , go to his usual school and have his usual friends. We'll do the basics for him.

Marie: so I can't visit him ?

Arina : ugh. The dumb things I do for ingrates.

Deo : cos you're stupidly kind.

Arina : you can visit him. Twice a year. That's as best as it goes.

Marie : .... Ok... Ok...
_____________________________________

Kurama sits on the lift and it goes to the top floor. The lift door opens and he walks into the floor. One big entire floor dedicated to one yokai.

" Kurama. Nice to meet you. I'm the director of Shiori Research. The white tall building that you've expanded so near to. Revson. "

Kurama : one very tall building indeed

Revson ; unlike yours. Not very tall, but quite determined in expanding horizontally for some reason.

Kurama: you go up, I go sideways. Sounds like we have an agreement.

Revson: you sound angry.

Kurama: angry ? No.

Revson : please. You think I hurt your wife badly the other time. This is revenge for you.

Kurama : revenge is only plausible if you did it. Did you ?

Revson :  I see where you're going. How far do you want to go ?

Kurama : now I've got your attention. I don't know. Just watch out. Good day. Revson. *Leaves*