45: Not Supposed To Be Alive

Genkai: are you coming back late tonight ?

Arina : I have club activities. But... I think I can come back in time to make dinner.

Genkai: I see. Then I want to eat curry pork chop.

Arina : I got it. I'll buy the ingredients.

Genkai : arigatou !
________________________________

Kamine : are you really ok ? You missed class for three days. You told me you were sick and didn't let me visit you.

Arina : I love really far. It's fine.

Kamine strokes her hair " poor thing. Poor thing. "

Arina: kamine. I can't walk home with you today. I have to go grocery shopping.

Kamine: why ? I could go with you .

Arina : it's a bit far. They're having a grocery sale and I want to go see.

Kamine ; you're like a housewife. So ready to marry Minamino-kun?

Arina : it's not like that !!! *Blush...* It's the old lady I stay with. The fridge is almost empty. I have to stock it up.

Kamine; so you live with an old lady. You've never told me that . Neh neh, when are you going to let me visit ? I've never been to your house.

Arina ; eh ?!!! But it's really really far away. It's out of town faraway.

Kamine ; eh?!!! And you still come to school everyday ?! Just for your Minamino-kun? Wah. You're really great.

Arina : heh...

Can't tell her I actually teleport here. I'm not that crazy either.

Kamine : alright! Just once ! I want to go. This weekend. I'm going. Ok ?!!

Arina sweatdrops " hai... "
________________________________

Arina : well... That's what happened.

Genkai: I don't really care. I have this much of a space.

" oh ok. " And Arina places the plate of curry pork chop on the floor beside her " enjoy your dinner. "

Genkai ; Arina.

Arina : hai ?

Genkai: you're becoming more and more human. As a yokai, will you be ok ?

Arina : eh ? I... Didn't really think too much about it.

Genkai: yokais don't like your type right ? Becoming more human type. Especially those who were your friends, or those whom know you. Are there any that really despises human ?

Arina : Hina huh ? She's my best friend. She won't. She's known everything since the start. She still nags me about changing my  heart.

Genkai: so you didn't get attacked ? You're not the battle type . The kind they like to target.

Arina : mmm... A few times. But I was fine. They weren't stronger than me.

Genkai sighed " just be careful. You dumb yokai. Who will make me food if you just died ? "

Arina ; hehe. Hai.
________________________________

Next day...

Arina : so... Can you please help me ? Shizuru-san.

Shizuru : well... I guess I could. So she doesn't know you're a yokai ?

Arina shakes her head " she doesn't. "

Shizuru: alright then. I think it's nice you have a human friend.
________________________________

Arina was doing grocery shopping when she met Keiko.

Keiko: you're... arina.

Arina : hey!

Keiko ; what are you doing here ? You're from another city right?

Arina : grocery shopping. Only here they sell really nice spices. Genkai likes to eat curry and flavorful food.

Keiko : I see. I forgot you stay with genkai-san.

Arina : anyway. Nice to meeting you. I won't disturb you.

Keiko ; no. You're not. Neh, Arina. Why don't we have a barbecue at genkai-san's? That will be fine right ? I've never really met this genkai-san too. I want to know her.

Arina: I guess you could... Barbecue... Shizuru-san is fetching my friend kamine to genkai-san's place. Want to hitch a ride ? I could ask everyone else as well to come.

Keiko : eh ? Shizuru-san is fetching your friend ?

Arina ; ah. She wanted to know where I stay. I really couldn't push it off anymore...

Keiko sweatdrops " well... If you're a normal human, you are supposed to have a house. "

Arina : heh... Sunday ?

Keiko : um. I think it's fine. I'll tell Yuseke and kuwabara.

Arina : um ! I'll tell the others. I'll prepare everything. Just have to come.

Keiko: that would be mean to you.

Arina : it's fine. Remember. Don't bring anything. Or we'll have too much things.

Keiko: alright then.
________________________________

The day after next...

Kamine : waaah !!! The place is so big !!! You've never told me it's so big !!! You live here with only that old lady you talked about ?!

Genkai : I'm that old lady.

Kamine : haha. Hi. I'm kamine. Arina's friend.

Genkai: I know. She told me.

Shizuru: what ? You've set everything up already. And keiko-chan asked me to come earlier so we could help set up.

Arina : geeee.... *Stare* I said I would be fine.

Keiko : heh. I felt bad.

Shizuru: did you buy any beer ?

Arina : it's inside the house, chilling.

Shizuru goes inside " arigatou. "

Genkai suddenly raises her alert " hm ? "

Two yokais appeared and held onto kamine and Keiko by the neck, taking them by hostage.

Arina; kamine ! Keiko !

" Come with us. You bitch. " The female yokai holding onto Keiko said.

Kamine ; what's going on ?!! Do you know these people ? Arina !

Arina ; I don't.

" I do !!! " The female yokai that held onto yokai yelled. " You're a slut just like me !!! "

" Stop it. " A male yokai showed up. Arina's eyes widens in shock. She couldn't believe her eyes, of who she just saw " .... You're... You're supposed to be dead. I... Saw you... Die... "

" she will come with us. Don't hurt them." He said. " Right ? Arina. "

Arina : explain to me !!

" If you come with me. "

" Fine. " She walks over to his side.

Genkai : Arina !!! Are you sure ?!!

Arina ; it's ok. You don't have to do anything. Genkai. This guy won't hurt me.

Genkai: alright then. You will come back nah ? Arina.

" Time to go. " And he grabbed onto Arina and the other yokais who came disappeared as well in a flash.