113; Guild V

Mamoru : father. Can I ask you something ?

Kurama : mamoru. What brings you to the hospital ? One of your friends hurt again ?

Mamoru: no. Just here to see you.

Kurama : oh. What is it ?

Mamoru ; about mother. Does she have any... Dark past ?

Kurama ; why do you want to know ?

Mamoru ; I'll be honest. I looked into mother a bit. There was everything and there was also a part of nothing. Nothing as in her time at the Dierai mansion. It was unclear other than she was the 4th child .

Kurama: why would you look into that ?

Mamoru ; I looked into the yokai who hurt Laemi. He confessed he was actually after me. But he was more afraid of mother so he hit her instead.

Kurama: and you came to me because you think mother won't tell you anything. Must you know ?

Mamoru ; she's my mother. I won't abandon or hate her. She's loving to me

Kurama: well ... I first discovered it when she was still a healer in our gang. She weirdly had more skills just than a doctor should have. She knew how to kill and hurt a yokai . She also had this look when she did it.

Mamoru: must have made you wonder why she was so fragile when you first met her

Kurama: that's why I asked her about it. She didn't tell me anything of course. Just said it was in her past. She only told me after we got married one day.

Flashback~

Arina: you bloody idiot!! You tried to act the hero and went head first again. Didn't you?!! You're a gunner !! Use your head !!

" Arina-sama... Didn't expect to see you at my death's door."

Arina : shut up and let me heal you !!
.
.
.
Kurama: how is he ?

Arina : fine. Just an idiot as usual.

Kurama : you know him ?

Arina : .... Um. His name is Gunjin. Used to in my squad.

Kurama : a squad where you killed ?

Arina's eyes widens a little , shocked by how he knew. Then it hit her " right... You asked that question before."

Kurama : it's ok if you don't want to tell me.

Arina : it's nothing to hide. I was not much use in my family. So my nee-chan decided to put me in charge of a shinobi squad. She thought I could at least handle that. I was .... Sighs ... Black ops before I left the house. Before nee-chan died.

Kurama : were you any good at it ?

Arina : ... I guess .... Torture. Assassinate. Those were my specialty. I was good with poison... Cos of my sciency stuff. I'm not the strongest of course. Just... Quite good at what I'm supposed to do.

Kurama: you don't seem proud of it.

Arina: it's sneaky. It's nothing to be proud off.

Kurama : I'm a thief.

Arina : was !! Hehe. Not that I minded .

End of flashback~

Kurama : they had a nickname for her while she was black ops . Black Surgeon. Accurate and swift.

Mamoru ; I see. She must be really scary for him to be scared of her.

Kurama : you should tell your mother who you saw in jail. Maybe she knows him .
_____________________________________

Guild V

Hiei enters the establishment that stood alone in the forest. He goes to the counter of the bar " can I get a beer ? "

" Sure. Passing by ? Or here to apply ?" The lady asked.

Hiei: depends. How good are the jobs ?

" Pretty good. Lots of money depending if you're up for it ."

Hiei : they say the best mercenaries are all here.

" I do a pretty good job attracting them here if I do say so myself."

Hiei : you ?

" Hai. " She places the beer on the counter " so ? Applying ? That's the only way you can get jobs from me. "

Hiei : you're the guild master.

" Vislan. Nice to meet you. "

Hiei : Vislan

Hiei : Vislan...

Vislan: hai. That's my name .

Hiei : why is the establishment outside the city ? You could get more requests in Derich.

Vislan: the city is a good place. The president wants not to much of violence. If I build mine in there, it's like encouraging it. If you're desperate enough to kill someone, you're desperate enough to travel the distance.

Hiei : true.

Vislan : in ?

Hiei : hai. Sign me up.

Vislan goes to take an application and places it on the table " fill it up. I'll give you a badge later."

Hiei : that's convenient. Say, are you Vislan Dierai ?

Vislan: Dierai ? I don't think so... I may have lost most of my memories but I don't think I'm that noble enough to be a Dierai. After all, a nice man found me in a coffin.

Hiei : I see. Done.

Vislan takes his application and  gives him a badge . The badge had a silver plated V on top of a pentagon silver plate below. Behind engraved his name.

Hiei : that was easy.

Vislan: you seem strong. No need vetting.

Hiei : so, how do you actually attract the strong ones to work for you ?

Vislan smiled " not with my looks. They all want to fight me one day. Though... You're not the first strong one to ask me that question. " Hiei smirks " I think I actually love this guild already."

Vislan : and that's what they all say.