85: A Late Night Stranger

" where's your cute wife ? Didn't see her out here scolding patients today. " The old man asked.

Kurama : she's sleeping a lot recently. She needs the rest.

" Why ? Is she ok ? Don't tell me she's sick. Nah... That's not possible. She's the best doctor I know. "

Kurama packages his medicine and passes to the customer " here . You should stop making excuses to come here. You're totally fine. There's only so many supplements I can give you. Reichi-san. "

Reichi: are you sure you aren't giving me watered down supplements so you can have excuses to let me come visit you ?

Kurama laughed a little " ara. I got caught. "

Reichi : wait. Seriously?

Kurama ; you were here for a broken arm. Since then you kept finding excuses to come here for supplements. You're lonely. I'll stop giving you useless supplements if you find something else to do. Reichi-san.

Reichi: my children are not here. I don't have grandchildren either. I'm not like you, have a wife and a daughter.

Kurama: reichi-san. Maybe you can find another partner ?

Reichi ; you must be joking.

Kurama ; I don't see how's that a problem .

Reichi ; then let me ask you something. Shuichi-kun. If one day, when you're all old like me, and your wife leaves you, will you find another one ?

Kurama kept quiet. He couldn't answer.

That thought never pass my mind. After all. We're yokais. We don't die of old age. We die from sickness or injury.

Reichi laughed " so you're like me too huh. Shuichi-kun. "

Kurama : no ... It just never passed my mind. I'm not sure actually.

Reichi : well, for me, she's the only one. She was so perfect. So beautiful. We had three kids. None of those brats stayed and all left us. Good though, we two had just each other. Finally. You know what I mean ?

Kurama ; not really. I enjoy my family now.

Reichi: you will when they grow up. Act so smart ass and like they know everything better than you.

Kurama laughed " I guess that would come one day. "

Reichi: so you see. I've nothing else to do. Other than come here and get scolded by a cute doctor and talk to her kind handsome husband.

Kurama: reichi-san . Find some friends. Time for you to go. I've got another patient.

Reichi : I'll bring lunch later!

Kurama sweatdrops " reichi-san... "
____________________________________

Kazoku : Papa. Was mama like that when she had me too ? Sleep a lot

Kurama ; she wasn't. Maybe each pregnancy is different. How's school ?

Kazoku: um. It's great !! I'm thinking of joining a club. Chess. I want to join gardening too.

Kurama: that's great. Go for it.

* Ding dong . Ding dong. *

Kurama ; someone this late at night?

Kazoku: I'll go take a look !!
.
.
.
Kazoku slides opens the door " hello. Who are you ? Are you sick ? "

" No . Little girl. I'm looking for my friend, Kelly. " The man said.

"Wait a while " Kazoku closes the door but the man held onto the door " she is here, right ? "

Kazoku: let go of the door.

The man tries to pull it open with his strength but kazoku goes again him and pushes it closes. The man realises that one hand wasn't enough " you little girl. " He uses two hands " what the hell ?!!" And manages to push open the door. Kazoku falls onto the floor.

The man enters " where's she ? "

Kazoku: ah... Papa said no using abilities in the house.

"Where's she ?!!"

Kurama comes to the front of the cottage where the clinic is " what's happening? Kazoku. " He sees the man in the clinic " who are you ? "

Kazoku : he's here for Kelly. Papa.

Kurama ; I would like you to leave. Now.

" Ah... So she's behind there. "

Kurama ; if you don't, I won't be polite to you.

" With these bare hands, I've killed some. You want a taste of it ? Doctor. "

Kurama's face blackens " this is a clinic. We don't tolerate violence here. Kazoku. Go to the back. "

" Hai. " And kazoku runs to the back.

" Alright then. You want it this way. " The man charges forward and throws a punch. Kurama dodges and kicks the stranger in the stomach causing him to fly a distance out of the clinic. The man stood up and spits out blood " tsk. Can't tell . From your appearance, you can fight. Doctor. "

Kurama exits the clinic and closes the door behind him. He looks to the stranger " I'm not a doctor. Just a pharmacist. My doctor is inside sleeping. I would like you not to make too much noise. "

" Hmph. This cottage, not just any cottage huh ? You used to be mafia too ? I see. You're that doctor's lackey."

Kurama: you cannot win me. Please leave. Tell your boss that as well.

" Or what ?"

Kurama : can you tell me where you came from ? So I can send you back.

" What ? " The man realises his conscious was fading " what... What did you do to me ?!!" His legs go weak and he collapses onto the floor onto his fours. He struggles to keep awake. He looks up to Kurama with hate not understanding what's going on.

Kurama takes out a injection " this. I injected it into you earlier. Can't have you messing the clinic up. It's just something that makes you sleep. Daijobu. Where did you come from? "

And the man loses his conscious completely. Kurama takes out his phone " I'll call him... I guess. "