77: He Finally Reaches , In Time

Kanta blocks Kurama's path " I can't let you go. They're about to do the ceremonies now. We'll get bigger . I'm not going to let you ruin my plans. "

Kurama : your plans? Are you the kind who aims after the chief's seat ?

Kanta: tsk. You're like hirou. I've never liked him.

Kurama: get out of my way. If not, I can't guarantee I won't kill you. Cos like you said, I'm in a hurry.

Kanta pulls out his blade " don't be ridiculous!!! Like you can win me. " He musters all his yoki into his blade and swings his katana " Wind of The Crescent Moon !" A huge crescent slice of made of wind slices was sent to kurama's way.

Kanta : no one has ever escaped that.

The slice cuts through the pillars of the hallway causing the roof to collapse as it cuts down numerous pillars flying towards Kurama. The slice was so wide that it was long enough to slice an entire living quarter space into half horizontally.

Kanta: die.

But as it approaches Kurama, plants grow up from the ground. Just one inch before it reaches Kurama, thick vines grabs onto the slice kanta released.

Kanta: what ? That's not possible!!

Kurama had turned into his Youko self.  The vines was strengthened by his yoki. With a clench of his fist, the vines squeeze his slice into nothing, shattering it.

Kanta: what... You were hiding that much... Yoki ? Not fair... Not fair !!!

" You just underestimated me. " And Kurama walks pass him.
____________________________________

Hiei : you're just playing around with me.

*Clank clank. Clank clank. *

Nimo ; that's cos I don't want to really get serious. Let's just wait ok ?

* Clank clank*

Hiei : wait for what ?

Nimo ; to see if that monster dies.
.
.
.
Yuseke dodges as the slice keeps coming at him . Basilis laughed " not bad. Not bad. Do you mind if I get a little bit serious ? Daijobu. I won't kill you. "

Yuseke ; why are you just playing around with me ?

Basilis: cos hirou said we can get off not killing you guys. I'm not like that monster you know. I like to leave my opponents alive if possible.

Yuseke : eh... Then by not giving your all, are you underestimating me ?

Basilis : I can tell, you and I can have lots of fun. But there's a lot of yokais here. I don't want to hurt them unnecessary.

Yuseke: can't we go somewhere where there's only two of us ?

Basilis ; no. I can't have others seeing , me not letting you off alive if you lose. I need you to give you the chance to run

Yuseke : eh... Seems like Arina have some nice nii-sans.

Basilis : Arigatou.
.
.
.
Hiei ; that monster ?

* Clank clank *

Nimo ; ah. That's why we're pretending to hold you back. If we don't, and that monster survives, we're the ones who will get it.

" Aaahhh !!! " Basilis yelled annoyed " he keeps dodging and I can't really be even a bit serious!! Hirou !! Ask all of them to get out of the way. "

Hirou ; you want a one on one ?

Basilis : yes !!

Hirou: alright then. If you guys lost, take these guys with you. How's that ?

Yuseke : alright. Hiei?

Hiei: sure. Why not ? I'm starting to get a bit bored too.

Hirou : all of you. Stand back.

Hiei : you guys too.

A circular space was created with the yokais of both sides surrounding them. Basilis stepped out " ooi. What's your name ? "

Yusuke stepped out as well " Urameshi Yuseke. "

Basilis: I'll say my name again in case you forgot. Need to know who you fight with you know.

Yuseke : I agree.

Basilis: Basilis Dierai.

Hirou : ooi !! Don't overdo it ok !!! Basilis-nii.

Basilis: I got it.
____________________________________

Kurama slides open the door to see two cups of sake in the floor untouched. He was relieved as he looked to her " Arina . I've come for you ."