13: His Type

Mateko : kurama-sama.

Kurama : Kurama is just fine, I told you many times.

Mateko ; just let me. I really respect you. Kurama-sama.

Kurama : oh well. What is it ?

Mateko: where are you heading ?

Kurama : Arina's

Mateko : then you can pass this to her !

He takes over a box she had passed to him that was tied and wrapped by a cloth " what is it ? "

Mateko : a really yummy cake. Made with different kind of fruits.

Kurama : she would be happy. She always liked eating sweet stuff. Arigatou.

Mateko : no need. Be careful ! Kurama-sama.
________________________________

Three days later...

Mateko : kurama-sama.

Kurama : what is it ?

Mateko : are you going to visit arina-chan today ?

Kurama : tomorrow. I'm waiting for the scouts to come back. I'll go after we finish tomorrow's steal .

Mateko : I see. Nah, I just thought it's been three days. I was just wondering if Kurama-sama misses her.

Kurama ; you busybody. Right, she liked the cake a lot.

Mateko : then I'm glad.
________________________________

The next day....

Arina : I'm here. Where are my patients ?

Kurama : Arina. Over there. In those usual rooms. Mostly hurt physically. There weren't any poisoned ones this times

Arina : I got it. Thanks. I'll got take a look now.
.
.
.
Arina : next.

Mateko entered the room " arina-chan."

Arina took one look " you're fine. You can leave."

Mateko : was the cake nice ?

Arina : um. I finished all of it. So that Kurama can't have any. It is poisonous.

Mateko : you know... Then how come you're still alive ?!!!

Arina: I'm a doctor. Did you think I didn't notice it the moment I tasted it ? That metallic sour taste. The poison from Sweeteye fruit. I ate the antidote before I ate your cake.

Mateko: tsk... And I thought Kurama-sama would return to see your dead body !!

Arina : sorry to disappoint you.

Mateko : you must have already told Kurama-sama. That means I'm going to get kicked out soon. Then I might as well kill you anyway.

Arina : I didn't tell.

Mateko : didn't ... ? Why ?

Arina : you like Kurama. You're not the first girl who likes him. Kurama is charming and that's why popular with the girls. But as a result, they work pretty hard and are loyal too. Wouldn't be good to have each of them kicked out. It would be such a waste.

Mateko : hmph. Acting generous now are we ? You don't love kurama-sama !! You're only after his treasures !!

Arina : I can't help it, if one day Kurama decides to not love me anymore. Break his promise to me . But I won't betray Kurama. After all... I'm a doctor... I'm not really the type he's supposed to like.

" I'm glad you know, then die." Mateko for clenches her fist and throws a punch towards Arina. Arina stood in her position without moving even through she saw it coming.

This woman. She wants to take it ?!!

That's when , a flash, someone held onto her punch. She looked to who it was " Kurama-sama... "

Kurama: why didn't you dodge ? This level, should not be difficult for you.

Arina : it's fine. It's just a punch. It will just bruise, cough a little blood and then it will be over.

Kurama : she's trying to kill you.

Arina : she won't. I was going to play dead. I'm not a battle type, you know that.

Kurama : what if she hated you so much she decided to give you a few more punches ?

Arina: probably... Can't die from that...

He sighed at her answer " you... " He lets go of Mateko's fist " enough of this. Arina is someone I plan to marry in the future. "

Mateko : what ... ? But she's not your type !!! She said so herself !!!

Kurama : then, what's supposed to be my type ?

Mateko : like me !! Able to fight and be by your side !!! All the time !!

Kurama ; it's weird how you all just assume that's my type.

Mateko : but ... That makes the most sense !!

Kurama : probably. But I think you've got it wrong. True, I want someone who can be by my side. But that doesn't mean she has to be a battle type.

Mateko : even so, she's just a doctor !!! All she can do is heal yokais !!

Kurama : you've not seen her cruel side before. It's quite chilling even I have to say so.

Arina : that's mean !! I don't actually do that often !! That guy just pissed me off !! Don't waste your prey, you know.

Mateko : still, what's so good about her ?!! She doesn't even act like a yokai !! Compared to you Kurama-sama. Known for being cruel and scheming ~~ she's not a good fit for you.

Kurama: Arina is kind that's why she's not like a yokai. Right ?

Mateko : exactly!!! She won't even kill a yokai!!

Arina ; that's not true !! I kill them ... Just not unnecessarily...

Mateko : excuses !!! She's the total opposite of you !!!

Kurama: that's why I love her so much. She's so hopeless when she sees someone hurt. She can't help but want to heal them.

Arina : it's called a soft spot! I can't help it... I mean ... Would you leave something broken if you knew you could fix it?

Kurama: And even more ridiculously, she is fine with no payment .

Arina : I just don't have much use for that much money !!!! My patients get me all sorts of things I need.

Kurama : but then again, this silly Arina doesn't go out of the way to save a stranger she has never seen before unless it's an interesting illness.

Arina : travelling is tiring. Don't travel for dumb illness. It's not efficient.

He strokes her hair " this is the Arina I love. So concentrated with her work that it's easy to scare her. Where else can I find such a cute yokai? "

" Marry ? " She said softly " in the future ... ?"

Kurama ; um. I want that.

Mateko's knees went weak and collapses" ... So I... Never had a chance from the start... "