131: The New Her

Ione : she's been injected with the Hellish Nightmare serum. She's having the worst nightmare possible of her life.

Kurama: that means... She will go crazy. Is there anyway to fix this ?!!

Ione; you want us to force her to wake up. Is it possible ?

Tiere : it's not possible if she doesn't want to wake up. I can give her something to help her to wake up. But if chooses not to, I can't make her.

Ione: why would she not want to wake up ?!!

Tiere : if she sinked too deep into her nightmare, she believes that this is really happening and has somehow accepted the nightmare as her reality... I can't help her. I only can hope she's still not too deep in her nightmare.

Kurama: not too hurt you mean.

Tiere: that.

Kurama: let's try it.

Tiere prepares the injection and was going inject it into her when she opens her eyes and wakes up . She sits up rubbing her eyes.

" Arina !!! " Kurama hugs her " daijobu ?"

Arina : gomenasai. Who are you ? Where am I ? And... Who are these yokais ?

Kurama let her go " I'm Kurama. Arina. "

Arina : Arina ? Is ... That my name ... ?

Tiere ; you don't remember your name ?

Arina : name... None. Title, project zero. Creator, Rekuez Fuiin. Biological make up, Rekuez Fuiin and Dein Watagi.

Tiere : oh shit. I knew this might happen.

Kurama: what do you mean ?

" I don't know who you guys are. But there's something I need to do." She leaves the bed " I need to go."

Kurama: where are you going ?

Arina : don't know. Project zero has no aim. I need to find my goal, my aim. My purpose.

Kurama: how about you stay here before you can figure things out ?

" negative. That does not make sense. I have to find answers. " And she leaves the room. They follow her to the living room.

Kurama: how about just tonight ?

Arina thinks for a while " negative. I do not know you. I must find my answers. " And she leaves through the door.

Tiere : at least it's better than her going crazy.

Kurama: I guess...

Tiere: thanks to the program inside her she didn't go crazy. It reset her memories to blank to prevent herself from going crazy. From overload of being unable to accept an unacceptable reality. Like a computer, too much overload, shut down. Restart.

Kurama: does she still have her other memories ? Our memories. Us.

Tiere : she has all her memories, just zipped and locked up in an area. Untouchable. I can't guarantee what will happen if she attempts to touch those memories again. She would need to reconcile the nightmare and reality she had. It's that, that made her overload.

Kurama sighs " Arina... "
____________________________________

Next day...

Kurama: thanks for coming.

Yuseke: of course I had to help. Arina helped Keiko, I've to return the favour

Hiei: she really doesn't remember anything ?

Kurama: nothing.

Vislan : the three of you are going to take Rekuez out .

Kurama: hai.

Hiei: we're more than enough

Vislan: I can tell. I thought you were just going to gather a few other minions and go on the quest.

Hiei: I don't like working with others and you wouldn't let me go alone.

Vislan: well, I'll call our customer, Maina-sama now.
____________________________________

In a bar, of an evening...

Zenos sits down at the bar next to her " drinking in the day. Not good I would say. "

Arina: you're noisy.

Zenos : fair enough. I'm Zenos. You ?

Arina : I'm told my name is Arina.

Zenos : what's your worry ? Drinking in the day

Arina : I need to look for something important. Something I need to do. I cannot remember what... I thought I needed a purpose... But... No... I need to go somewhere...

Zenos : and you haven't found where.

Arina nods " annoys me. "

Zenos: drinking to forget your worries.

Arina : makes my head hurt next day. But at least I don't need to think...

Zenos: if I could make you forget your worries for a while without alcohols, I... Win .

She laughed a little " I don't have prizes for you. "

Zenos : hmm... How about a kiss? On the lips.

Arina ; alright then.
____________________________________

He brings her to a cafe with a dessert buffet. She sits in the cafe and gorges herself with various types of desserts . Ice cream. Cake. Pancakes. Muffin. Macaroons. All types. Her face lit up and was in enjoyment of her dessert for three hours.

They left the cafe and she had a big smile across her face.

Zenos : seems like I won the bet.

Arina : I've never been this happy for a while.

Zenos : so I get a kiss then.

Arina kisses him on the lips, a light peck. She was going to leave his lips when he cups her head in for a deeper kiss. He forces his tongue in for an invitation.

This guy...

Tongue...

I let him... Warm...

His other hand cups my cheek... It burns... Hot... But why don't I want to let go...

He releases me...

Zenos : hot flushed cheek. Kawaii.

She touch her own cheek " ouch... "

Zenos: a bruise. Gomen.

Arina: it burns...

Zenos: do you think I can meet you again ?

Arina ; at the bar ?

Zenos: at this café

Arina : um... Sure.