Chapter 92 - Darkness

"I know you did. Justice has been crying and your emotions are tied into hers. So, you may seem sad, grouchy, touchy, and plain exhausted," Zane explained to me as he hugged me.

"I know, she's been crying to me. She used to interact with both of your wolves. It's harder for her to know what is going on sometimes," I replied.

Zane nodded. "I know. I miss Blaine and I can't wait for him to be healed."

I heard the word 'remember' again. I looked up to Zane to see if he heard something but he was looking at me as if there was trouble coming. He tensed up, his body going into a fighter's stance.

"Uh, did hear someone say remember?" I asked hesitantly.

"No. I thought something was coming at us and that's why you looked up to me so quickly," he answered, looking at me with a worried look.

"I've been hearing the same thing. And, when I was in Blaine's dream or mind I heard him say the same thing. I know I sound crazy but I promise you it's what I've been hearing," I commented, worried I was losing my mind.

"I believe you, Summer. Don't ever worry that I wouldn't believe what you say. I know you don't lie," Zane quietly said, only for me to hear.

I hugged him. "Thank you," I whispered.

We walked over to Blaine's bed and looked him over. His face was starting to look better but I could tell we were in for a long wait until he was better. We knew we would wait for as long as it took for him to heal. He was my mate and Zane's brother. Both of our hearts and foundation. They balanced each other perfectly.

"I've got a few things I need to do. The women and some men are helping to clean up the packhouse. The bastard destroyed quite a lot. It's as if he knew he would be bested and he went through the house and destroyed what he wanted. Your room was the worst. I'm going to help fix up as much as I can for now. Are you going to want to stay in the Alpha suite?" Zane explained, with a disgusted look on his face.

I crossed my arms around myself, thinking about what the bastard did to my house. I knew he would destroy some of the houses but to the extent that he did shock me. Now, did I want to move to the Alpha suite? I knew my parents would want me to stay there but I wasn't sure if I could if the Alpha suite stayed the same. But, I knew my mates would build me a log cabin and I would only have to stay there for a while.

"I wouldn't mind staying in the Alpha suite as long it's changed up a little. I don't think I could make myself stay without crying if it stayed the same," I whispered to him.

Zane pulled my arms from me and hugged me. "I can change it for you. It will only be until Blaine's healed and his strength is built back up. When he's better we will build you a cabin you've always wanted."

"Thank you. Please let everyone who's cleaning up the house I said thank you," I told Zane.

"I'll be back. I'm going to check about Blaine's blood supply and see where we are at now." I huffed at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "But, I won't be giving any more blood," he finished.

I laughed at him. He could read me perfectly. "Thank you. I don't need you passing out on me again."

He nodded. "I'll be back later but if you need me just mind-link me, okay?"

"Yep. No problem. I'll see you later," I answered him. "I'll mind-link you if I need you. Can you please come back every once in a while and check-in? I just need to feel you next to me for a few minutes."

"No problem," he commented as he leaned in and kissed me. I waved to him and sat by Blaine not wanting him to feel alone.

I could still hear Justice whining about her mate being sick but she had calmed down some. I don't think she realized how her cries were affecting me. She was in hell not being able to contact Power. She's used to having both mates talk to her.