Chapter 76 - Stupid Monsters

Before I could open my eyes I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I watched as the Moon Goddess went to every man, woman and child, patting their shoulders. When she disappeared I heard my mates suck in a breath. I knew the Moon Goddess had shown up to pray with the women and men warriors.

"A visit, huh?" I asked my mates via the mind-link.

"Oh yeah. She's getting better not blowing shit up," Zane voiced, chuckling.

I started laughing but was interrupted by a voice. "I do not blow shit up. I arrive in style."

"Style, huh? I guess stuffing all over the place could be a style," I cheekily said, laughing all over again, causing the Moon Goddess to laugh with us.

"Does this mean I get to call you mother-in-law?" Blaine stupidly asked.

"No," the Moon Goddess bluntly commented, waiting a moment until she laughed.

"Okay, clowns, how close are you to the border?" I asked, changing the subject.

"We're up in the trees right on the border line. We asked the earth to help build us a hammocks high off the ground and asked the air to float us up into the hammocks."

"Wow. I can't believe how great you two are," I voiced, feeling proud of my mates.

"You wound us with your disbelief," Blaine commented, pulling a chuckle out of all three of us.

Every conversation we were having was by mind-link. It was the only way we could talk without anyone hearing us. Every once in a while, I could hear someone shouting from the pack. I had a feeling it was the bastard panicking. I wouldn't put it past him to train his guys all night long, which was a stupid move. But, the bastard was a very stupid monster.

He was not the true Alpha. So, he's not as strong as I am. It's what he gets for killing my family. The bastard took away something very precious to me. And, I plan on taking something precious to him - his life. It's all he has ever cared about. He didn't even care about his mate.

"He's a sick bastard. I can't wait until we kill his ass," Justice, my wolf, commented. She was bloodthirsty to the core.

"I agree." I looked at my watch. "The time to mess with his plans is in a few minutes. Time for me to set up."

"Have fun and let me come out at some point, please," Justice pleaded.

I nodded my head and stood up. As I stood up so did Kai. He grabbed my cooler as I grabbed my backpack and my bag. I nodded to the ladies and gentlemen and walked off the bus. I snapped my fingers, hiding myself and Kai. I wasn't planning on making Kai invisible but I did. Kai set the cooler down and started walking away. I, once again, snapped my fingers so Kai could be seen. As soon as he got past the mouth of the I spelled the cave tight.

"One minute to go, mates," I declared. "Be careful and I love you, Zane and Blaine."

"We love you too and we're ready and waiting," Blaine told me.

I smiled to myself. My mates were so good to me. Now, to get past this hurdle and win would be beneficial to all of us. I wanted to yell go team go but I held off for obvious reasons. I counted down the last seconds and then yelled go through the mind-link.

I stood up from my cooler, watching for the witches to show up. I knew they would, especially if their family was being held. I could relate. But, I would never turn to black magic for anyone. It was against my teachings from mom. She would tell me that picking up any part of black magic stains your soul and it would make it easier to use black magic again. The circle would never break and the person would go completely dark, never to return to good. If a witch was caught using black magic they would be put in jail and a quick trial would commence. Most of the time the witch was killed. The only problem with jailing witches, who used black magic, was when they were released they would try and kill the witches council.

I looked out when I felt a powerful witch as she started rhyming her spell. Too bad it took to long for most witches to throw a spell. I slapped her spell down faster than she could finish it. I asked the earth to hold her down and cover her mouth. I didn't want her to be able to say a spell again. I looked for the other witch but I couldn't see her, at least, with my eyes. Now, my senses were searching for her. If I could smell, hear or feel her or him then I could have the earth hold them down, well, I could ask the earth to find them but I wanted to help with the take down on him or her.

I slowly scanned my eyes and other senses around the pack. About the time I was going to ask the earth to help tie her or him down the door to the pack house flew open - the witch coming out with the bastard - barely dressed. Oops, I forgot about his mind-linking capabilities, or lack thereof. Too bad for him.

"Get your asses up, men! We're under attack," the bastard, Garrett, yelled. He was mumbling to himself about the idiot men and me.