Chapter 15 - Families

A/N I felt this song by Godsmack was one I was listening to when I wrote this chapter but it kind of fits.  Enjoy.

Please comment and vote.

We walked back into the cabin, and everyone stopped talking. It was as if a switch was flipped. Total quiet, zero movement. Everyone was looking at each other, still not saying anything. Finally, someone shouted.

"Father?" 

What? I wasn't expecting Joe to say those words. Father? His dad? 

"Well, duh," Justice yawned out. "Father is another word for dad."

Ever wanted to growl at your wolf but it would be as if you were growling at yourself? I was so close to growling at myself, making a fool out of myself and not caring. She was so aggravating at times. I guess she could say the same about me but she's so aggravating.

"Didn't you want to listen in on the conversation?" Justice sang out to me.

I came back to myself, trying to act normal. It was funny to see my mates acting as if they should have been at some human tennis match or ping pong game. They would look at Joe, turn their head and look at Tomas, and repeat - over and over again.

 I could tell Joe and Tomas were related. They had the same build. The same color of eyes. The same skin tone. It was as if they were mirror images. Hell, I had seen twins who didn't look so much alike as Joe and Tomas did.

"I thought Dan was my father. Why would she lie to me?" Joe asked, hurt in his voice.

"I was dating your mom when she found her mate. She dropped me as if I was nothing. I understood, I really did. But, she never told me I had a son. She never told me she was pregnant. I would have been there for you," Tomas cried out. "Why didn't she tell me?"

"I don't know. When her and dad died, or who I thought was my dad, I went through their belongings in the basement. I found a picture you both took together. I always wondered why my hair and skin tone didn't match theirs. I finally had a picture and I was looking for you when I met my mate and had children. Now he's holding them hostage, wanting me to give Summer to him. I can't do it and I won't." Joe was crying and pacing, not caring who saw him. He finally found his father and hoped he could meet his grandchildren.

"Zane!" I yelled. "We have company."

Zane jumped up. "Wait, Zane! Sorry, I meant to tell you I had a few people with me but in all the excitement..." Tomas explained, trailing off at the end, rubbing his neck.

"How few?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. I couldn't help asking. I felt as if there were at least a hundred people on the property.

"Uh," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "A hundred or so?"

"How do we know they aren't with uncle ass-hat, bitch-face or the bastard?" Zane asked, laughing afterwards.

"They were given the same choices I did. We've been living in hides I built a few years ago."

"I need to check them out myself, if you don't mind," I uttered.

"Check them out for what?" Joe asked incredulously. He couldn't understand what she needed to check them out for.  He had already checked them out himself.

Blaine calmly said, "Summer has a way to make sure they aren't lying or a set-up without hurting anyone. She's been through so much. She's had men lie to her about wanting to help her, so she's naturally suspicious of groups. Can you understand that?"