Chapter 84 - Mates Touch

A/N: My jam. What artist do you like to listen to as you read or write?

The doctor looked up quickly. "You can heal? Wow. I will be honored to let you do your magic on him. But, how do you have magic? You're not a warlock, I can tell," the puzzled doctor asked.

 But, how do you have magic? You're not a warlock, I can tell," the puzzled doctor asked

I laughed with Zane. "He can do everything I can. I guess it's another blessing from the Moon Goddess." The doctor nodded and went back to cleaning the wound out. I was thankful that he was being meticulous. I didn't want anything to hinder his healing.

I slept on and off. But, when Zane accessed my healing memories I woke up. I wanted to walk him through everything. I thought it would be easier for him. Plus, I wanted to help as much as possible. I knew I couldn't heal right now. I was too weak and I had to protect our children. I promised my mates I would do everything in my power to protect them and me. And, I would with everything in me.

Zane turned and looked at me. "I'll only walk you through it. I won't use my energy to heal, I promise." Zane nodded.

"Do your thing, Alpha Zane," the doctor told him.

I smiled at the doctor. "Alright, Zane, put your hands over his wounds, without touching them. Close your eyes and send your energy into Blaine's wounds. Imagine them closing up and healing. Don't use too much energy," I explained and cautioned, watching him concentrate.

"Well, I'll be damned," the doctor whispered, his eyes alight with wonder. "His wounds are completely healed."

"Zane, you can stop now," I quietly told him.

He looked up at me as I handed him an energy bar or three. I wasn't sure how many I handed him. Sure wish I could hand him a prenatal vitamin.

"That was mean, Summer," Zane commented, showing me he was reading me again.

"But, I didn't say it out loud. So, how can it be mean?" I teased Zane. "I'm proud of you. You healed your first person, and it was your brother."

Zane smiled. "Yeah I did. But, you want to give me one of your poisonous vitamins."

"Poisonous vitamins? Oh, prenatal vitamins. Yeah, that shit stinks," the doctor stated as we gaped at him. Me, because I remembered he gave those out to pregnant women. Blaine, because, well, I don't know why.

I started laughing, almost rolling on the hospital bed I was on. "Oh, shit! Is this bed clean?" Yeah, like that's important right now. I couldn't move if I wanted to.

Zane turned and looked at me, trying hard not to laugh. "I'm not sure. Why did it take you this long to ask?"

"Hey, I'm preggo, tired and I'm not thinking straight. I just don't want to lie on a bed a nasty ass rogue has lain on. Or, the bastard. But, I seriously doubt the bastard laid on a hospital bed. He had the witches to take care of him." I shuddered just thinking about the witches. "Well, shit! I still have a witch being held down in the woods."

The doctor, Zane and I started laughing again. I was trying to get myself back under control but the guys weren't helping.

"I don't remember you having such a potty mouth," the doctor told me.

"That's because you haven't seen me since I was seven and I cut my knee open," I shot back.

"True. You've always been very healthy. But, I believe it's because your mom healed you more than me." I nodded my head.

I reached into my bag and grabbed some jerky, handing several to Zane and the doctor. The doctor looked surprised but grateful. Zane smiled his blazing smile at me and ate his jerky quickly.

"I have more if your hungry, men. I piled this bag full of food, knowing the bastard hadn't fed anyone, and if he did it wasn't much," I explained.

The doctor nodded as he grabbed a couple more. "He let us eat every other day but it was only one small meal a day. I'm so happy to have leaders who are strong. I know your parents were strong but you're stronger." I nodded at him. "These people have gone through hell and I know it will take a while until they feel safe again."

"I'm going to try and fix that. I'm hoping I can give them waves of calm. I don't want our pack to have nightmares, eating problems or depression. I don't want them to be afraid that someone else will come and take away their safe zone again," I explained, smiling a sad smile.

Zane hugged me. "We'll get everything back to normal. Hopefully, Summer will be able to ease their minds. She's worked wonders on the people from my old pack. Oh, I need to call Pete. He's the one I believe would make a great Alpha. But, I need to check with Tomas first. Both of them were Betas."

"Doc, can you show Zane to a phone? And, Zane can you move me to Blaine's bed? I'm going to lay with him for a while, okay?" They both nodded.

Zane moved me to Blaine's bed and followed the doctor to see where the phone was. I knew he was going to talk to Tomas first before he made a decision. If there was still a pack. I knew the weak packs were usually ousted quickly. I hoped for Zane and Blaine's sake the pack was fine.