Chapter 21 - Training before idiots

My wolf, our mates and the warriors had their plans together. As Zane was telling everyone to meet at the back of the property, Blaine was running to the security room to disable their forest floor bombs and I headed to the kitchen to eat a little of my chicken sandwich from earlier.

I walked into the kitchen and my sandwich was waiting on me. There was a glass of orange juice with it. It was nice to have the comfort but I had never been lazy. I worked every day of my life for everything I needed, understanding my parents more than ever. They were making me stronger, preparing me to take over as Alpha.

Zane walked into the kitchen, coming straight to me. He hugged me hard. I could feel the worry from him, making me want to cringe. Did he think I wasn't up to the task set before me? He had to know I could take on the bastard, not blinking an eye, right?

"I know you can, just worried, knowing you will be in danger," he stroked my face, "can you understand my fear?"

"Yes, I can but can you understand my parents knew what I needed and taught me everything I would need, even teaching from the grave?"

"I know," he sighed, "Promise me you will be as safe as you can. I know it's a crazy request, seeing we will be going against rogues and the bastard."

After giving his request thought, I nodded my head and hugged him back. "I'll watch my six. I don't trust the bastard, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has your aunt and uncle there with him."

Zane laughed. "You mean, bitch-face and ass-hat?" He didn't wait for an answer. "With them there I won't have to hunt them down later. It will be my pleasure to gut them."

And, there was my blood-thirsty mate I loved and understood.

We walked to the backyard, where all the warriors and their families were waiting. I was guessing the family wanted to see if the protection spell would hold.

My wolf, Justice, rolled her eyes and growled low. She didn't like people questioning us. It was an affront to her Alpha genes. She didn't like being questioned. I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

Blaine walked over to us, smiling and hugging me. "I'm going to be the first trial and error, who wants to try and hurt me?"

I growled at him for questioning my spells. "Me. I'll go against you, but I'm not holding back. You questioned my abilities, so game on."

Blaine looked at me like I slapped him. "I didn't question your abilities. But, I knew our warriors would be less inclined to accept the magic as I would."

I stopped growling but continued to stare at him. "Okay, me against Blaine for the first round. I'm going to show everyone the spell works."

Blaine and I stepped into the ring that was drawn out on the ground.

Zane nodded. "Begin."

I circled around Blaine checking for any weaknesses, not that I could find any. Okay then, I'll make my own. As soon as I thought the words I stepped a little off balance, well, off balance for anyone else. Blaine took the bait as I jumped in the air, snapping out my foot into his jaw.

"Good. You're not holding back. Because of your spell, it felt as if a butterfly kissed my chin," he said, looking at me in pure astonishment.

"Did you really expect me to not spell everyone the right way?" I asked, mouth hanging open from pure astonishment. He really thought I would make people believe I had done a false spell. What the hell?

"I was only surprised because I didn't realize you would go full out spelling everyone. You even spelled us not to feel pain or bruise. Wow!" He mind linked me.