Chapter 83 - Quick Silver

"I grew up. Now, I don't mind squashing bugs, especially if they're you."

The bastard tried to jump the dirt wall and couldn't. I saw the resignation in his eyes right before he charged at me. I was ready to end this before anyone got hurt. When he went to grab me I slid between his legs, spinning around on my knees and stood up behind him. I used my claws to cut his throat, not realizing how close I was to capitating him. He fell on the ground and gasped.

I watched his hand reach out to someone as he circled his finger. "Watch out, Blaine!"

Blaine moved as quickly as he could but bitch-face pushed a silver blade into his back. Zane grabbed his aunt by the neck and twisted, killing her quickly. He grabbed Blaine before he went down.

I ran to Zane and put my hand over his injury, crying for help and strength. The silver was pulled out of his injury as I watched. I tried to heal the injury itself but I ran out of energy and collapsed.

"Summer!" Blaine yelled.

"Is there a pack doctor here? One not loyal to Garrett?" One of the warriors yelled.

Leo looked around and saw the pack doctor walking towards Summer and her mates. "He's the doctor who took care of Summer when she was younger, let him through."

The doctor ran towards Blaine and I, looking at Blaine's injury first, until Zane told him to tend to me. I shook my head, but I couldn't do anything more. I watched as the doctor started an I.V. of sugar water and had Leo hold it. He was telling me he had to do the same with my mother. I looked over at the Moon Goddess with stricken eyes.

"Remember," she whispered loud enough for me to hear.

I didn't know what she meant. I looked back over and she was gone or so I thought. She went to everyone of us, laying her palm on our cheeks, then leaving. I was focused on Blaine, trying to gain more power to help him.

"We need to get him into the hospital. I can't do much more in this dirty circle. Grab some help and let's go," the doctor ordered. "Alpha, please quit trying to use more power or you'll lose your children."

I nodded as Zane picked me up and followed the doctor and two warriors carrying Blaine. I wanted to cry so much but I was trying to be brave for Zane and our people. I knew I had things that needed to get done before we could get comfortable. But, I couldn't think of anyone else and I didn't think anyone else would expect me to.

I turned and saw Leo about to walk off. "Beta Leo, can you help get everything cleaned up and sorted. I have people up in the cave. Zane will have to go with you so he can lower the spell. Plus, your mates there waiting on you." I smiled at the look on his face.

"I'll get everything sorted here before she gets here and sees all the bodies. I don't want the children to see this either. Thank you, Alpha Summer," Leo replied as he bowed and left the room.

"Do you want him as one of your Betas?" Zane asked me.

I knew he was trying to keep my mind off Blaine but it wasn't going to happen. "If he wants too. He was my father's Beta. He might want to spend time with Marylyn instead of having duties but we will see."

"It would be a good idea to have more than one. I didn't realize our pack would be this big," he commented as I nodded my head.

I looked over at Blaine. I watched as the doctor worked on him. I wanted to heal him but I didn't have the strength. I could ask Zane but I was sure he was too upset to try. I was startled out of my thoughts as Zane moved to Blaine.

"Is he okay?" Zane asked quietly.

"Alpha Summer got the silver out, so I'm cleaning out the dirt and then I'll sew him up," the doctor replied.

Zane nodded his head. "Before you sew him up let me heal him. If I can't then you can sew him up. I haven't learned healing yet but I can access Summer's memories."

The doctor looked up quickly. "You can heal? Wow. I will be honored to let you do your magic on him. But, how do you have magic? You're not a warlock, I can tell," the puzzled doctor asked.