Chapter 17 - Trouble with our wolves

We were all eating and enjoying ourselves. It was nice to have other shifters around. It felt like a pack. It felt like home. I missed the atmosphere of the noise and antics. 

Okay, maybe not the noise.

I was tired, dead tired. I wanted to snuggle up with my mates and sleep. Okay, maybe sleep after I had some fun with them. I so needed the sex, the love, and the goofiness of my mates. We had been busy all day and most of the night. 

"You finished eating, Summer?" Zane asked, looking me over.

"Do you want us to carry you to bed?" Blaine asked.

"Goddess, yes," Justice answered for me, throwing me to the back of my mind.

"Not funny, Justice. What are you doing?" I was scared she would hump my mates right there on the table. I couldn't trust her when came to our mates. She would be all over them, not worrying about the children in the big dining room.

"Good to see you, Justice, but would you give Summer back control for right now? We need to see everyone off to their barracks and turn the alarm on, then we will take care of your two, okay?" Zane asked softly.

Justice nodded and threw me to the front of my mind. "Now that was rude. Didn't even give me a chance to think." I knew she threw me to the front because she got her point across to our mates, but I could have done the same thing.

"Yeah, but you would have blushed and stammered half the night away," Justice threw back at me.

I decided it was in my best interest to not argue with myself. 

I went with my mates to make sure everyone was okay and if they needed anything. All them were so appreciative of everything they already had. There were only a few requests. Most of them to do with their kids. Like, certain bottles they would only drink from and pacifiers, but other than those requests there were no more. I was very glad my mates had thought about most of everything. We had enough food for years, extra clothing in every size, diapers in stock, and anything else I could have thought of. I was impressed with them, knowing they didn't do it for that reason. They did as the Moon Goddess had instructed them to do. And for that reason, I was eternally grateful for the caring mates I was paired with.

Zane raised his voice, getting everyone's attention. "I wanted to let the kids and parents know about the alarm system on this house and gate. The gates have a lot of electricity running through them, enough to zap you stupid. Parents, please watch your children. I wouldn't want them to get accidently shocked. I have more alarms than those but I will not be sharing the information. I trust you but I like having the element of surprise."

The women were appreciative of the warning, not wanting their children harmed. Everyone understood it was a good way to be safe and being safe was all they wanted. 

I sent the extra food back upstairs, wanting to save it for snacks or lunches. I had a lot of help from the ladies in the kitchen. Some of them were washing dishes and drying them by hand and others were helping me to put leftovers in containers and into the fridge.

As I was putting the leftovers in the fridge I was wondering how we could communicate with the barracks if there was an emergency. I wanted everyone safe. I wanted the children to settle and not have to worry if they would live another day. I could see the haunted looks in the children's eyes and the parents. I wanted to erase the look off their faces.

"Already have it covered, honey," Blaine informed me via the mind-link.

"Thank you. I was worried about them," I answered back via the mind-link, grateful my mates had everything covered.

Zane walked in and hugged me, nuzzling my head. Right after Zane hugged me, Blaine was next. I could feel the love they had for me. It was nice and I needed it. I was very overwhelmed with making sure our new people were comfortable.

"Ready for bed," Blaine asked.

"Definitely ready for bed," I answered.

"Goodnight. Everyone have a great night and we will see you in the morning," Zane said.

We heard goodnight's all the way to our room. Zane turned around and bolted the door. When I say bolted, I meant bolted.

I turned all the way around with one eyebrow raised.

"What? This is our domain. I want to keep our time to our time and not theirs. I'm not being selfish. I want to keep us safe. I also rather not have children here in the morning, wondering why we are all in the same bed," Zane commented, turning a shade of red.

"Okay. I know what you mean and I agree about not having children in here."

We went to shower and headed to bed. I was about to get into the bed when I was, once again, thrown to the back of my mind.

"This is getting ridiculous, Justice," I growled.

Justice was looking our mates up and down, slowly licking our lips. She walked over to the men and waited for their wolves to come to the forefront.

"Hello, Justice, I rather not be in some erotica movie. This is embarrassing," I grumped out, knowing it wouldn't matter what I said to her.

Our mates wolves came out and grumbled low in their chests, looking us up and down. They slowly walked over to us and Truth ripped my clothes off, while Power started rubbing against me from behind. 

"We like," Truth growled out. "Now we get to play."

Justice growled low, letting our mates know we were game. "Good. I thought I would never get to meet both of my mates properly."

I guess I'm riding the backseat to this fuck-fest.