Chapter 29 - Black Magic

I walked up to the first witch. She was young but powerful. She wasn't using black magic as much as her partner in crime and it made me wonder why she was with the bastard.

"Just ask her already, Summer," Justice voiced, lacing her words with humor.

"Why are you working with Garrett?" I questioned her.

"He has my family. And, he said you killed your parents and captured my mother and sister," she explained, looking afraid for her life.

I scoffed. "He killed my parents. I'm sure he took you mother and sister. They weren't any witches in the cells when I left and I would know. I fed almost everyone in the cells, unless they were rogues whose humanity were gone."

"I just want my mother and sister. Please help me," she pleaded, trying to free herself from the vines tangled around her.

I thought about it for a few seconds. "Give me permission to look into your mind. But, know this, if I find anyone tainted with your memories I will kill you on the spot."

She nodded her head and I looked into her memories. I could tell a black witch had tried to mess with her memories but they weren't as good as they thought. She was true to her word. "Okay, do you want to go with us when we take Garrett down? We will do everything we can do to save your family. It's up to you."

"I want the bastard to pay for his lies. He has rogues who believe his shit. Thank you," she agreed.

I asked for the vines to be loosened. "You will be watched. I need to know you are true to your word. What about the other witch with you?"

"She is bad news and uses black magic as if she was born into it. She's scary but she doesn't have the power you do," she explained as we walked.

"Let's mess with her a little, okay?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and walked beside me to the other witch. "I got her for you."

"Good job, Caro," the witch said as I growled loudly. "Now get me out of these vines and let's finish her."

Caro started laughing. She couldn't stop laughing at the other witch. She was trying to say something but she couldn't.

"Looks as if you got played," I bragged as Caro nodded.

She gave me a look, one that if she had her way I would be six-feet under. I ignored her and squatted down next to her. She started mumbling a defensive spell. I blocked her spell as quick as she said hers.

She looked behind me and snorted. "I should have known you would turn traitor, Caro. You have always been wishy-washy in your beliefs."

"No! I don't want to become what you have. An evil old hag. You use black magic every chance you get!" Caro yelled.

The older witch rolled her eyes at Caro. What she didn't know is, I had already looked into her mind. She was in it for the money - money that belonged to the pack. She had never used white magic. I couldn't understand it.

"You are an evil witch but your going to return to the earth." I walked over to her and reached out to touch her. I pulled my hand back quickly. I didn't want her magic but I couldn't allow her to live.

Zane walked up to me. I asked Justice to relay my fears of taking the black witches power. I didn't have to wait ten seconds before Zane ripped her throat out. "Thank you, honey."

"Is she good," Zane asked, pointing at Caro.

"She's good. Let's get the rest of them," I told him.

I ran around to the front of the house, Caro following me. I stopped in the middle of the fenced in area. "Stop!" I yelled. "If you want to stay here, you will die! I can snap my fingers and your life would end! Want to test me?"

Everyone of the rogues were frozen. They didn't move a muscle.