Peter Pan 1953 (Disney) Pride month

I have dated a couple of Peter Pans. I love this song. 

Peter Pan was a childhood favorite. I love the songs and what the movie is about. It's about a boy that refuses to grow up. Wandy and her brothers are afraid to grow up and so they went with Peter to Neverland where they meet the lost boys. The reason why I choose this movie to be a movie I watch during pride month is because 1 the Life action Beauty and the Beast isn't on Disney+ yet and in an article I read about LGBTQ characters in Disney movies it said " Griffin point to 1953's Peter Pan, which portrayed Captain Hook as a prissy dandy who, well, preys on young boys. Dressed in bright pink, Hook sports a comically large feather in his over sized pirate's hat." I have heard that it's problematic within the LGBTQ community. Also Shere Khan from the Jungle book is like that too. I have already watch it and did a review for that so I'm not going to watch it again anytime soon. 

Anyways, before you start watching it there is a disclaimer at the end of the summery about the movie saying "This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions." I knew they were talking about the "Indians." I'm glad there's a disclaimer like that but when I was watching it knowing what I know now I can't help but to feel uncomfortable. I used to be able to enjoy the movie straight through including the Indian scene but now it bothers me. I expected them to call them "Indians" but then I also heard them called them "Aboriginals" which is find because that is actually a term for the Native Americans in Canada. I learned that when I was in Quebec a couple of summers ago. They have also called them "Engines" which I knew that term I believe on The Little House on the Prairie but they are set in the 1800's. I didn't expect that term to still have been in existence when Peter Pan came out. Then there was the Indian scene. Now I am only using the term "Indian" when talking about this movie but hearing that term makes my skin craw because they weren't "Indians". Indians are from India and that jerkface Christopher Columbus didn't land in India. He didn't even land in North America but let's not get into that. (I'm glad his statue was vandalized).  The song they sang "What made the red man red". This really made me feel uncomfortable. I never hated a song like I did with "Love is an open door" from Frozen. With this one is very problematic and racist. It's different then the "We are Siamese" from Lady and the Tramp. I understand that, that's also problematic but it is still a catchy song for me. With this song in Peter Pan it's more annoying then catchy and I hope when they do a life action of Peter Pan that they will get rid of that song and have different song like what they did for the Lady and the Tramp life action. They have also called them savages which is something I would expect from Pocahontas because I feel that is more historically accurate for the people of the time. I didn't expect it from the 1950's. I also didn't like the Indians were red like that. Yeah it's a cartoon but still Native Americans are not really that much red. 

Other then that I still liked the movie but not as much as I did before. I love that Wandy became like a mother figure for the lost boys and my favorite song was "Your mother and mine." That song was sweet and comforting. In the end they defeated Captain Hook and went back home. Now I feel like there should be a prequal since their father saw the pirate ship in the clouds and he said about remembering it. I would like to see a movie about their father as a little boy and if he had went to Neverland? That would be cool. I'll watch and review the sequal Return to Neverland next. 

I wish I could go to Neverland and never grow up. Being an adult sucks sometimes.