5

Aera gradually opened her eyes, squinting as she let her vision get adjusted- blinking away the blurriness that invaded her sight

Darkness.

She narrowed her eyes to concentrate on what was to be seen behind the blackness but instantly shut her eyes close, throwing her head back as a pang of pain hit the back of her head- her hands making a move to clutch her head but she couldn't- her mind still a mess cause of the choloform.

That was when she realized she was tied onto a chair and her mind flashed the scenes before she lost her consciousness and connecting the dots she figured out that she was being held hostage by Azurite Neo.

Aera aggressively moved her hands in attempts of loosening the rope tied around it but it was vain.

Hearing footsteps approach, she stopped whatever she was doing- looking ahead as she tried to focus on the silhouette in front.

"You're one strong girl and I hate that about you"
The voice she recognized as the one she had fought with earlier- Renjun, spoke stepping out of the darkness as his featured were illuminated by the moonlight that beamed through the small windows situated at the room.

"What should I do to you for putting my soulmate through pain?"
Renjun asked, bending himself down to reach her level as he spoke.

"Admit you're weak, you coward"
Aera muttered, looking straight into his eyes- devoid of any fear.

"You really wish for death, don't you?"
Renjun gritted his teeth, staring at the girl in front before turning on his heels and exited the room.

The door was left partly open and the whole room dimly lit up cause of the light from outside the room she was in.

Aera sighed out, observing her surroundings that looked worn out- brick walls left unpainted and loads of waste wooden and steel materials stacked at one corner- probably the basement.

Her eyes trailed over the pillar beside her that had a thick layer of concrete above it, unfinished- her only hope of escape.

Aera looked down and a sigh of relief left her lips upon noticing her legs were being loosely tied.
Using her legs she pushed the chair she was tied to closer to the pillar such that her hands were the first to be in contact with the concrete layer.

Clenching her fists, she moved her hands up and down the rough solid in hope that the linen rope would eventually get cut.
Despite her hands aching in pain and discomfort, she continued to follow the motion desperate to break free but abruptly came to a stop upon hearing footsteps approach the room.

She lowered her hand, away from the pillar in order to not look suspicious as she looked ahead- heart pounding, unknown at what was to come.

Aera set her eyes on the dark silhouette- practically not able to notice any features of the person who stood not so far from her cause the light shone on the opposite direction.

"Set me free"
Aera mumbled earning a dry laugh from him.

"Heard you are strong, try if you can"
His tone deeper than she thought- spoke, before inching closer to the girl.

"Let me fucking go!"
Aera hissed, clenching her jaw- exasperated as she looked up at his face- his hazel eyes glistening under the moonlight that faintly illuminated his features.

Aera knit her brows together trying to recollect his familiar looking eyes but snapped out of her trance hearing him speak.

"Try it babe"
"But know you won't survive out of Neo"
He said- tone dripping venomous and a smirk played on his lips as he looked down at the girl.
Aera bored holes onto his figure as she watched him turn away from her.

Outraged, she jerked her hand with force and her watch went smashing against the pillar and the shattered glass pricked right into her palm.

"Fuck"
Aera hissed in pain- her hand trembling as the sharp glass piece pierced through her skin, streams of blood trickled down her hand and onto the floor.

Donghyuck stopped on his track, jolting his left hand up with fists clenched upon feeling the sudden sharp pain in his palm- unknown to him it was what his soulmate felt, who was in pain, as her name remained unnoticed below his black leather jacket sleeve.

Will she escape or not?
What do you think??👀