"i'm gonna go insane," you called over the loud music, and calum laughed, nodding as he agreed himself. it was one of those songs that just made you want to break out in a dance.

"i've been tryna call,
i've been on my own for long enough."

your heart sped up rapidly as the first lyrics came through, and you squealed as calum pulled you in by the hips. while the song went on, you were sure you looked like you were on some sort of drug as you jumped around, flailing your arms while calum only clutched his stomach in laughter at his girl going absolutely insane to the song playing.

"i said ooh, i'm blinded by lights.
no i can't sleep until i feel your touch."

calum pulled you in again, his large hands gripping your waist as your arms came to wrap around his neck, clasping together at the back of his neck. the boy's calloused fingers rubbed over your hip bones gently as you moved your head back and forth, laughing at the smile creeping across your boyfriend's lips. god, he was so damn cute. calum's head was bobbing to the music, your hips swaying as your chest pressed to his. glitter was seemingly everywhere, down your cleavage (that was barely covered by your lace bikini top) and all over your shoulders and arms, courtesy of the sparkles spread across calum's chest.

as the chorus progressed, calum snaked his arm around you, placing his large hand on the small of your back as he pressed you closer to his chest, just about as close as you could get. the boy dipped down, ghosting his lips over your's, and just as you were about to connect them, calum pulled away and took your hand, spinning you around.

giggling wildly, you twirled, going back to jumping up and down to the music as calum joined you this time, and you were sure you looked like a pair of crackheads.

"i said ooh, i'm drowning in the night.
oh when i'm like this, you're the one i trust."

as the song came to its end, calum pulled you to his chest, painted black finger nails digging into your hips as he crashed his lips against yours. a little bit caught off guard, you raised your eyebrows, your lips curling into a smile before you snaked your arms around his neck and pulled him closer. calum deepened the kiss, running his tongue along the seam of your lips before meeting your own, his teeth coming to bite down on your lower lip gently and he pulled away.

"you know how we both agreed on waiting for the right moment to say i love you?" calum mumbled, his lips grazing over your ear so his words could be heard over the loud music. his voice was deep, sending chills down your spine, as he recalled the conversation you'd had nearly a month ago. both of you had fallen so quickly for the other, but you agreed not to say those three words until you were absolutely, positively sure, since you'd both been heart broken before. you remembered the conversation vividly, nodding as calum said this to you. "well my moment is now."

you pulled away, keeping your arms around him as your fingers slid through the curls at the nape of his neck, your eyes wide as you stared into his. "you love me?"

"i love you," he said, eyes full of honesty and vulnerability. well fuck.

your lips curled at the corners of your mouth, and you had to take a deep breath in to remind you of reality. then, you pushed your lips against calum's sweetly, feeling him smile before letting into the kiss, and both of you sighed contently. you pulled before he could deepen it, and your eyes met his.

"this is my moment too."

calum let out a deep chuckle, a smirk grazing his lips as he furrowed his eyebrows playfully. "you can't just steal my moment like that, baby girl."

you rolled your eyes, completely ignoring starboy playing in the background, another one of your favourites but you had other priorities. "i love you too."

"still pissed you stole my moment," he said, making you throw your head back in laughter before calum smiled, lifting you up unexpectedly and spinning you around before setting you down and kissing your lips.

the song ended, most of the duration being filled with making out with calum, and die for you began playing afterwards.

calum's arms were wrapped around you from behind, your back flush against his chest as you lifted your arms up, snaking them around his neck to card through his beautiful curls. the song was slow, the same with your movements as you both swayed back and forth to the song, as calum leaned forward, his chin resting on your tan shoulder. his lips pressed against your ear, mumbling the lyrics of the song to you quietly. you closed your eyes, head leaning back as you let him sing to you, and fuck were you ever sure you were in love with the boy.

"you know what i'm thinkin',
i see it in your eyes.
you hate that you want me,
hate it when you cry."

calum's voice was deep, raspy as he mumbled the lyrics in your ear, breath hot against your skin. his lips moved down your neck, sucking sweetly and making sure to leave a few marks.

"it ain't workin',
'cause you're perfect,
and i know that you're worth it,
i can't walk away."

the chorus came and you relished in his lips against your neck, his raspy but deep voice echoing in your ears as his fingers splayed across your hips, holding you tightly. while the chorus played and the music was heavy in your heart, you pulled tightly at calum's hair, leaning back to press your lips on his. he deepened the kiss instantly, not able to wait a second longer before feeling you, feeling your lips move with his, your tongue mesh with his.

his teeth grazed your bottom lip, pulling away slightly to let it snap back before kissing down your jaw, sucking at the skin as you let out a soft moan, only for calum to hear, leaning your head back. this was heaven, you were sure of it. die for you by the weeknd playing live, calum's lips hot against your skin, lighting a spark in the pit of your stomach and you weren't completely sure if this was reality or a dream. you nearly pinched yourself to make sure, but when you saw a quick flash out of your peripheral, you knew it was real. it wasn't a dream.

"shit," calum mumbled, his lips pulling away from your skin all too fast and leaving a cold feeling in their place. but you knew something was wrong, as you heard the concern in his voice and you followed his gaze.

there was a person, their phone pointed directly at calum and you, taking a picture or a video or something, but they disappeared in the crowd amidst the concert before you or calum could look any closer. of course something would happen like this. sure, you two hadn't necessarily been under the radar and with the band's album being just released they had circled the media heavily recently. calum was famous, you knew this, so you should've been more careful. you didn't care—but calum did.

turning around, you glanced at the boy and saw his jaw clenched, his gaze firm before he turned to meet your eyes, and all that stress washed away as you sent him a reassuring look.

"don't worry 'til you have to," you said, your voice barely heard over the music but calum could hear you crystal clear. reluctantly, he nodded and let out a well needed sigh before slinging both arms over your shoulder and pressing you to his chest in a soft hug.

"this is gonna be everywhere by tomorrow."

"so let's not worry tonight," you said, resting your chin on his chest to look up at him. his golden eyes stared back down at your's, his lips parting in a reluctant sigh.

"i love you." the words fell so simply from his lips, but nothing about them felt simple. they rested in your heart heavy, a weight that you never wanted to go without as you smiled.

standing on your toes, even with the filas on your feet that gave you a three inch advantage, you stood as close to his 6'1" height as possible, and pressed your lips to calum's, letting them linger for a while. you grinned, finding your footing again, and calum returned the favour as his eyes crinkled and his cheeks rose in a smirk, one that you knew meant no good. you felt his fingers toying in your hair, your arms coming around to squeeze him closer to you while your chin rested on his chest and you glanced up at him, blinking slow.

"i love you too."