christmas with the hoods

word count: 719

"can we open gifts now?"

calum groaned as the twins bounced up and down in their seats. you stood at the kitchen sink, washing the dishes from dinner two minutes before. it was quite late, eight pm, but you had a good excuse. all of the stores were out of turkeys, and it was christmas eve. of course you were running late. it wouldn't be a christmas with the hoods unless something went wrong.

"y/n?" cal called. you looked over. "what do you think? can they open their presents now?"

you grabbed a washcloth, walking over to the table. "one present each, plus grandma's. but you have to open her's first."

jack groaned.

"hey! at least mum is letting you open some before christmas," calum said, stuffing his face with the kids' leftovers. you nodded, slinging the towel over your shoulder.

"but it's just gonna be pajamas from grandma," jack whined. julie frowned. "it's the same every year."

"i like the jammies we get," the other twin defended.

"it's a tradition, jack. now go before i change my mind," you said sternly and the older twin groaned. as the two made their way to the christmas tree in the living room, you finished up the dishes in the kitchen.

suddenly, as you were rinsing the plates, you felt a pair of hands grasp your waist as soft kisses were left scattered across your neck.

"you're such a good mum," calum whispered, nipping at your ear. you giggled, resting your head in the crook of his neck.

"thank you."

"you wash, i'll dry. how does that sound?" calum said, placing another kiss on your neck as you nodded. in two minutes time, you were finished the dishes and sitting on the couch, coffees in hand. it was eight pm, but you'd be up until at least two wrapping last minute presents.

"those are cute!" you gushed as julie held her's up. jack rolled his eyes. "go put them on! i want a picture to send to grandma."

"they're literally the same as last year's," calum said. you smacked his arm, shooting him a glare as the kids headed off to go change.

"you're brilliant," he said, pulling you onto his lap. smiling, you put your coffee down, squishing the man's cheeks.

"i love you."

"mmm, i love you so much more, baby." calum leaned down, kissing you. your lips moved in sync, your hands cupping his face as his hands were at your bum. you let out a small moan as you felt him squeeze your ass.

"merry fucking christmas to me."

the twins were heard racing down the stairs and you rolled off your husband, tucking your hair behind your ear. calum chuckled, lifting your legs over his lap to cover his boner.

"you two look adorable," you cooed, watching as julie did a spin and jack deadpanned. "okay, okay. picture."

"jack, smile for your mother."

the boy gritted his teeth, smiling very sarcastically as julie beamed happily. you snapped the photo, sending it to your mom as the twins set off to open another present in their blue and pink flannel onesies.

"what was the plan for tomorrow, babe?" calum asked, dancing his fingers along your shin up to your thigh.

"oh, i forgot to tell you. my mom offered to take the kids tomorrow so we could have a night for ourselves," you said, earning a smile from calum.

"bless yvonne's heart."

"so we open presents and such here, and then i think mali wanted to meet us for brunch, right?" you asked. calum confirmed with a nod. "okay. then my mum's for the rest of the day, i guess. it takes about an hour to get there, so that should work."

"okay, perfect," calum said with a reassuring smile. you sighed. your husband leaned over and pressed a kiss to your lips. "it's christmas, baby. everything's alright."

"i know. family just stresses me out," you said, wrapping your fingers around his longer ones on your thigh. calum's thumb rubbed up and down on your skin gently in a soothing manner.

"i'll be with you the whole time, baby," he said, squeezing your hand. both of your attention was ripped away from each other as the twins shouted:

"mum, dad, look what i got from santa!"