grocery shopping

word count. 397.

one of the things that calum hated most about his career was the lack of normality in his life

desperately, he wished an ordinary life. when times were tough, walking out of the house and getting noticed by fans or paparazzi was the worst. so when he was back from tour, and you needed to go grocery shopping, calum jumped at the chance to escape the fame and just live a normal life - or, at least, act like it.

"baby, do we usually get one percent or two?" calum asked, grabbing a milk jug from the cooler. you looked up from the list on your phone.

"one."

he nodded, placing the container in the cart before coming up behind you, wrapping his hands around your waist while pressing a kiss to your neck. "it's bad that i don't know what percent milk we get."

"it's just milk, babe." you slipped your phone in the back pocket of your jeans, turning around. you held his hands, kissing his knuckles while holding eye contact.

"you know what i mean."

"if it makes you feel better, i'll let you pick out cereal," you sang jokingly, making him roll his eyes before stalking off to grab an inevitable box of capt crunch, calum's favourite cereal.

once he was back, you mentally checked a few things off the list.

calum hummed, causing you to look up from your phone. he was leaned over the handle of the cart, hands clasped together as he studied you.

"what?"

"i just love watching you," he said, making you smile. "makes me happy. you're like a little mom, grocery shopping and checking things off your list."

"shut up," you laughed, swatting him on the arm. finally, you made it to the till and paid before heading out to the car. calum carried the two bags, insisting on it and you helped him pile the groceries into the trunk.

"thank you for today," calum said, pulling you closer by the belt loops on your jeans. you giggled, placing your hands on his chest, fumbling with his necklace. "it was nice to escape the world, act normal for a bit."

"of course."

"i love you," he said, searching your eyes. you smiled, fisting some of his shirt before standing on your toes and kissing him.

you pulled, lingering your lips on his before whispering, "i love you too."