spend my whole life with you

word count: 331

"can i ask you something?"

looking down to the boy laying on his side, eyes gazing up at you, you raised your eyebrows.

"have you thought about our future at all?" calum asked. biting your lip, you placed your book on the nightstand beside you and then turned back to calum.

"have you?"

"yeah," he said, nodding. "i was just— is it too early in our relationship? you know, to like... starting thinking about these things."

you shook your head, running your thumb over your boyfriend's soft cheek. he bit his lip, looking up at you. "i don't think so. i mean, we're both at the age where it's acceptable to get married. i've thought about it."

"you have?" he questioned. you nodded, seeing the smile creep across his face. "okay. i thought i was being too clingy or something. i would be content spending my whole life with you."

you giggled. "i'd be content with you, too. i don't want to get married right now, though, if that's what you're—"

"no no no, that's not what i'm saying," he said in a rush, making you smile at your boyfriend of just over one year. "i just mean that i can see us together for a long time. i don't know about kids, but i can picture us getting engaged or something. i don't know."

"i've thought about kids."

calum perked his eyebrows up. "you have?"

"yeah," you said, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear. "i think our kids would be adorable. a girl and a boy. joy would be the girl's middle name and my dad's name could be the boy's."

calum smiled as you went on, finally speaking your thoughts from over the past few months. as you finished, calum cut you off with a kiss.

"what was that for?" you asked once he pulled away. a smile was on his face, tugging at the corners of his eyes which wrinkled.

"i love you. so much."