studio visits

word count. 839.

you'd met calum a month or two ago at a party

you'd met calum a month or two ago at a party. he'd tried to get you into bed with him, and when you politely declined, he decided on trying to take you out on a date instead. it wasn't until his fourth time asking that you agreed. now you and calum were on your third date, not having booked it yet but he was just about to ask you over text.

that was, until he saw you first.

calum was walking down the street, heading to his car after going out for lunch with his mates to talk over their plans for tour. he hadn't realized that where you danced, how you made a living, was on the same street as his favourite cafe slash crepe stop.

he glanced to the left, seeing a cute little studio caved into the side of a building. he remembered you mentioning that you owned the place with a friend; you did many things to provide a career, such as modelling and dancing. you were well known in the world of dance, having won many shows and being the face of many competitions, but also in the modelling industry. you were a fitness model — your whole brand was keeping fit and healthy. calum hadn't realized how seriously you took your career, as he didn't think much of it compared to his big rockstar ego.

though, he saw you working in the studio and all of that changed.

the front of the building was open, glass windows surrounding it as in say a lobby and reception area. walk around the side and there's the studio, in plain sight. glass continued to cover the walls, a mirror on the inside as one could see in but not out. calum could see you in there, sitting in the middle of the studio with your legs stretched into the splits and a binder spread out in front of you.

smiling, the boy headed inside the building. he opened the door, determined to see you, and a bell dinged.

"hi, can i help you?"

"yeah," calum walked up to the desk, leaning over the counter slightly. "um, is it possible for me to see y/n right now?"

"you're calum," the girl behind the desk answered. he nodded, smiling small before she nodded her head towards the back. "sure, she's just in the studio."

"awesome, thanks."

calum pushed open the large double doors, making a squeaking sound for you to look up at. sheepishly, the boy tried to push the doors back together.

"hey, what are you doing here?" you asked, folding your binder together. walking over to you, he shrugged. calum leaned over you, rubbing your shoulders a bit before taking a seat beside you.

"i was out and then saw you in the studio. figured i'd stop in and say hi," he answered, leaning over to open the binder sitting in front of you. notes were sprawled out over the pages, along with diagrams and music scores. "what's all of this? music sheets?"

"yeah, believe it or not we actually use music in dance."

calum looked at you, raising an eyebrow sarcastically. "really?"

you rolled your eyes, resting your head on his shoulder as he closed the binder. calum brought your legs over his so you were straddling his lap, his hands on your hips while your's came around to the back of his neck, fingers combing through his hair.

"what are you doing tonight?" calum asked, his hands running over your skin underneath your hoodie.

"nothing, why?"

"go on a date with me," calum said. you smiled, letting your hands run over his broad shoulders and down his stomach before resting on his chest, feeling his abs through his tight black tee.

"do you wanna stay over tonight?" you questioned, cocking your head. calum grinned. "we can order take out tonight or something, watch a movie, maybe do something else..."

your hands trailed down his stomach, your hands stopping over his belt buckle.

"mm, i would love that."

"yeah?" you were leaning in, just about to kiss the boy when the studio doors opened, revealing jenn, one of your coworkers.

"oh, sorry, am i interrupting?"

"no, it's fine. what's up?" you said, peeling off of calum and standing up to walk towards her. she explained that she was taking her break, meaning that you had to cover the front desk.

"i have to actually work now," you said once you were alone with calum again, wrapping your arms around his neck. "but what time did you want to come over tonight?"

"whenever works best for you," calum said, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear. "i'm free after six i believe."

"just text me," you suggested, earning a nod from the boy. the two of you walked out to the foyer, where you put the binder back in a filing cabinet and turning back to the boy. "i'll see you tonight?"

he nodded, leaning in to press a kiss to your lips before walking off.