late night fix

word count: 1584

you and calum had a summer fling

you and calum had a summer fling. it was nothing more than that, just hook ups and late nights spent together throughout your months off school. it was now september and you were only on your second week of junior year, calum on his senior. no one, not even your closest friends nor his, knew about your so called 'relationship' over the past few months. secretly, you'd hope that it would blossom into something more, something for you to gush about to your best friends at school just before running over to kiss him and have him hold you in his arms during your free period. sadly, to your dismay, your relationship disintegrated once the school year started up. calum forgot about you, and all of the memories which you replayed over and over in your head before you fell asleep at night.

friday night was when you were proven wrong. it was maybe two in the morning when a slight knock on your window startled you from your sleep.

you rolled out of bed, turning on the light in your bedroom to see the boy from last summer kneeling on your roof, just outside your window, as he'd done so many times only a month before. it seemed like forever ago, now.

you rubbed your eyes, making your way over to the window before sliding it open. stealthily, calum crawled into your room as you only watched in shock. maybe he hadn't forgotten about you.

"what are you doing here?" you asked, glancing at the clock on your nightstand. the time read 2:12 am.

it was then when you looked back at the boy, that you really took in his appearance. his lip was cut, the area around his eye swollen and bleeding as his knuckles were bloody and chopped up. your hand flew to your mouth in shock before realizing his clothes were also scattered with blood, along with your floor which trailed to your window, a bloody handprint on the glass.

"calum!" you raised your eyebrows, looking back at the boy. "what happened? do you need me to take you to the hospital?"

"no, no, i'm fine."

"you don't look it!" you exclaimed. calum shushed you, nodding toward your door as a gesture to your parents but you shook your head. "they're out of town... what happened?"

"i'm just a little scraped up is all," calum said, glancing down at his knuckles before locking eyes with you again. "no worries, babe. i know your dad is a doctor so i figured you'd have stuff—"

"yeah, yeah." you pulled calum downstairs where he propped himself up on the island counter as you dug around in the medicine cabinet.

once you found the first aid kit, you grabbed the hydrogen peroxide, a small small needle with thread, and some wipes. calum raised his eyes at the sharp object in your hand, shaking his head.

"no—"

"i'm just gonna stitch up your cut," you said, placing your stuff down beside his leg on the counter. turning on the light above the stove, you cupped calum's face and took a closer look at the cut below his right eye. "it's really deep, cal. i should stitch you up, i know how—"