halloween

word count: 1428

the halloween party that calum invited you to was only your second date technically

the halloween party that calum invited you to was only your second date technically. you'd been "seeing each other" for about a month now, since the beginning of junior year in college for the both of you, and everything was going pretty good. originally, you met calum at a frat party and had sex, and then that one night stand turned into the two of you grabbing breakfast the next morning. only last week, calum texted you asking to dinner. tonight was your second official date. and you were nervous as hell.

"fuck, am i dressed to slutty?" you asked your roommate, watching your reflection in the mirror. "or not slutty enough?"

"you look hot as fuck. i would totally hit that," your roommate-slash-best friend sierra commented, her fingers combing through her long brown hair. "plus, you know that calum will think you're hot no matter what. he literally got turned on the other night when he showed up and you were in your pj's with acne cream on."

"i was on my period and breaking out," you defended, brushing off your white tutu.

calum had brought up the idea of a couple's halloween costume, and you were never one to turn down an opportunity to dress up in full glam. after a few days of deciding, calum had sent you a picture. it was a couple dressed as an angel and devil, and calum thought it was perfect for you two.

"you look fine, y/n. stop stressing." sierra stood up, walking over to you and placing a hand on your shoulders. she smiled at you in the mirror, reaching up to fix your crooked halo.

suddenly, your phone rang from across the room and you gulped. rushing over, you grabbed it, seeing the caller id.

"hey," you answered, putting it on speaker.

"hi baby. are we meeting at luke's or should i pick you and sierra up?" calum asked, his voice crackling over the speaker. you looked over at your best friend who shrugged.

"if you could pick us up that'd be great so i don't have to walk across campus in six inch heels."

"yeah, that's the worst," he said sarcastically and you rolled your eyes, grabbing your phone and sitting down in front of the floor length mirror. "okay, i'll be there in a couple minutes."

"mkay, text me when you're here."

"'kay babe." the line went dead and your playlist started up again, fake smile by ariana grande playing next.

once you'd finished your eyeliner and putting on your fake eyelashes, calum had texted that he was in the parking lot. you and sierra waddled downstairs in your heels and spotted calum's jeep in front of the doors.

"shit," calum mumbled as you got into his car, buckling your seatbelt. you turned to him, your eyebrows raised. "you look good."

you blushed. "you don't look too bad yourself." calum was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, black chelsea boots, and a red short sleeve that was unbuttoned down the front to show off his wonderful six-pack of abs. he had on black eyeliner, a pair of devil's horns in his hair, and tiny crosses drawn on each of his cheeks right below his eyes. you could barely hold yourself together.

once you got to luke's, it was already pitch black and the entire frat house was lit up with party lights. music blasted from the speakers inside, drowning out the stench of alcohol, weed, and sweat. sierra had gone ahead to find luke, her boyfriend, which left you and calum in the jeep parked outside the large townhouse.

"if we ever become like that, i give luke permission to shoot us both," calum said, gesturing to the couple on the lawn, both naked and having complete intercourse outside.

"and they say chivalry is dead," you teased, making the boy roll his eyes before he wrapped his hand around the back of your neck, pulling you in. his lips met yours, your eyes fluttering closed as you let into the kiss. calum moaned against your lips, his tongue meeting your's. you pulled away, breathing heavy. "let's go inside before we end up fucking on the grass outside."

"good idea."

you and calum made your way inside, his hand on the small of your back as he led you to the kitchen, where people were taking shots and playing beer pong. calum grabbed you a cooler as he got himself a beer and you went to find people you knew.

luke and sierra stood at the bottom of the stairs, drinks in hand as they conversed.

"hey, buddy!" luke cheered as he saw his long time best friend approach. the two engulfed in a mix between a bro-hug and a real-hug before pulling away and calum's hand snaking right back around your waist. "how's the party? we out of alcohol yet? i didn't expect this many people."

"you say that every party you throw," calum said, earning a laugh from the blonde boy. "but no, it's sick. y/n and i fully witnessed some kids fucking on your porch swing."

luke's eyes went wide. he exclaimed, "that's my mom's!" and he was out of the house in the blink of an eye with sierra in tow.

"looks like it's just me and you, y/l/n," calum said with a smirk, his hand gripping your waist tightly. you grinned, taking one last sip of your drink before placing it on the table beside you. "let's get you another, yeah?"

instead of another cooler, calum poured you a shot, which you downed in an instant. less than two minutes later and you'd already had three more, calum quickly catching up. once he set his glass down on the counter with a loud bang, you were pulling calum to the dance floor.

"fuck," he moaned, leaning his head back as your rubbed your ass against his crotch. he gripped your hips underneath your tutu, riding it up on your stomach as you were grinding against his thigh. "y/n oh my god."

"i think i'm drunk," you whispered, your lips ghosting over calum's ear. a giggle left your mouth as you pulled away, fumbling with the belt on his jeans. he grabbed your hands, looking at you. "i want another drink."

you and calum took two more shots, both of you at six but you were much more drunk than calum. you leaned against the wall, laughing as you fiddled with your shirt that was really just a bralette.

"mm, i need a smoke," calum said, grabbing his cigarettes from his pocket. you followed him outside, sitting on the steps of the porch. calum sat on the one above you, his knees on either side of you as you leaned back into his chest.

"you're so pretty, my girl," calum said, his fingers running over your glitter-covered cheeks. he tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, bringing his cigarette to his lips with the other hand.

"i'm not," you mumbled. he frowned.

"babe, you're literally the prettiest girl i've ever laid my eyes on," he argued, his words sweet but his tone sour.

"no, i mean..." you rolled your head onto his thigh, looking up at the pretty boy with the cigarette between his teeth, "i'm not your girl."

he frowned again, this time taking even more offence than the last. "of course you are. what are you talking about, y/n?"

"you haven't— you haven't asked me to be your girlfriend yet," you slurred, your eyes closing and opening slowly as you stared up at him. "i really want to be but... i thought you didn't like me or something."

calum's lips turned downward, his eyes sad as he cupped your face. "of course i like you baby. who do you think is the girl i gush to my mom all about? who's on my mind every second of every hour?"

you smiled small, your cheeks getting red. "me."

"yeah, you," he laughed, caressing your cheek with his calloused fingers. "it's always been you."

"then why haven't you- why haven't you asked me out yet?" you said, eyes watering.

"you're the only girl i've carried this deeply for, y/n. i didn't want to ruin it, nor did i want to rush things. you're special. you're my girl," calum explained, his eyes a soft shade of brown mixed with green, which you thought was beautiful. "you're mine and no one else's."

"i'm your's?"

"you're mine. my angel."