quarantine*

2271 words

2271 words

you took a seat on the couch next to duke, pulling the puppy dog into your lap as you took another sip of your wine. you'd been on quarantine for quite a while now, doing nothing but spending your days curled up on the couch with your boyfriend and your dog, watching movies. of course, you couldn't complain since that was all you really wanted to do in life anyway. calum came back moments later, a bowl of popcorn with him. he sat beside you, pulling you under his arm before wrapping both of you in a blanket with duke in the middle, settling back down into your lap. you leaned forward to put your glass on the coffee table, and then rested your head on calum's shoulder, your arm slung around his torso.

calum brought his hand to your hair, combing his fingers through your locks before pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "my girl," he'd mumble, making you smile small before burying your face into his chest to hide your blush.

most days were like that, since neither of you had anything better to do except sit around and watch movies. everyday, calum would wake up at the same time and work out, mainly lifting and core training, in your home gym while you slept. then he'd shower, inevitably waking you up. a few times you'd woken up earlier and joined him in the shower, which was easily the highlight of your whole quarantine, but calum liked to workout in the early hours of the morning so that rarely worked out.

thankfully, your job allowed you to work from home so you had that to keep you busy during the days, but calum grew tired of the whole thing very quickly. he wrote a couple songs in the beginning, messing around with some music and tracks before he had run out of ideas. he wasn't far off from going insane, you'd thought, and you felt bad for him. his whole job was touring the world and playing music for his fans with his best friends, and he'd gone three months without seeing anyone but you. which, of course, he loved seeing you, but he was going mental.

"i think i'm gonna do a live stream," calum said one day as you were both eating breakfast at the table. you looked up from your laptop, eyebrows raised. "on instagram or whatever. see what the fans are up to."

you nodded, smiling hopefully. you knew how much calum missed the fans. "that's a good idea, bub."

so calum did a livestream. he did it almost every day, and it brought him joy. he suggested to the boys that they should release their album that way, seeing as they were supposed to be in japan right now promoting the release of CALM. it seemed to be the best alternative, so they did.

"ok, second half of the album! how's everyone liking it?" calum had just started his live, finishing off the album on his account after ashton. you sat on the couch across from him, out of frame but still watching the boy as you sipped on your hot chocolate. "i'm gonna see if i can get michael on here. mike, send me the request thing."

curled up on the couch with duke in your lap, you watched as calum began playing the album on his vinyl. every time he would get up to fix it, his eyes glanced over to you, a smile on his lips. he'd lean over, giving you a kiss before sitting back down in front of the camera. your relationship was calum was private and you guys had both done a pretty good job at hiding it — but calum had never gone live with you in the room yet. it seemed a little risky, but you insisted on being there for the album release, although you'd already heard it.