first kiss

word count: 582

calum would always tease you about it

calum would always tease you about it. he knew he was allowed, because he was your best friend, and, if we're being honest, you thought it was quite stupid too. i mean, you were 16. you should've had your first kiss by now.

"i just don't understand," you said one day, popping a piece of popcorn into your mouth. "like, i'm not that ugly."

calum didn't respond, only typing away on his phone. you kicked the side of his leg, making him look up.

"right?"

"mhm!" he said, nodding quickly. you rolled your eyes, groaning as you threw your head back to the arm of the couch. calum sighed, picking up your legs and placing them over his thighs.

the two of you sat in calum's basement, as you did most days when you weren't busy with school or sports. you and calum spent all of your time together — you'd played footie together since you were young, had been in all the same classes. the only thing that you didn't have in common was that you hadn't had your first kiss yet. calum wasn't much of a player. really, he wasn't — but he did have his fair share of girlfriends. you'd lost count over the years, getting tired with keeping track of what girl he was hooking up with and when.

"you like me, right cal?" you asked, looking up at him. he nodded and you put your head back on the arm rest. you looked up to the ceiling. "i don't know what's wrong with me."

"nothing's wrong with you, y/n," he said softly. calum placed his hand on your knee, squeezing lightly. "the time just hasn't come yet."

"bullshit."

the boy sighed, crossing his arms. "i don't know what you want me to tell you, y/n."

"i just wanna get it over with! i hate worrying about something as stupid as this. it's just a kiss, why does it have to be a big deal?" you groaned, sitting up. calum bit his lip, turning his body to you as he grabbed your hands.

"kiss me."

you raised your eyebrows. "what?"

"you wanna get it over with, right?" he said. "i'll be your first kiss. you trust me, don't you?"

"i mean... yeah—"

"then let me do this for you, y/n." calum's chocolate eyes poured into your's and you chewed on your lower lip. "i'm your best friend. it won't be weird. and if it is, then it doesn't matter because it's not like i'm gonna tease you about it. okay?"

you sighed before nodding. "i don't— what do i do?"

calum smiled before scooting closer to you. he put one hand on your cheek, cupping your face while resting his other hand on your thigh. "i'm gonna kiss you now, okay? just... do what i do."

"okay."

calum leaned in and closed the gap between you two. as soon as your lips touched, you relaxed.

calum slowly began to move his lips against your's, you following his actions. he grabbed your hands, guiding them to his arms where you held onto his biceps while your lips moved in sync.

there wasn't anything for you to compare it to, but calum was an amazing kisser. he pulled away, glancing between your eyes in search of any sign of worry. "was that... was that okay?"

you hesitated before nodding. "yeah. that was... great."

calum smiled. "see? no biggie."

you smiled, your heart racing in your chest. "yeah. no biggie."