arm day *

word count: 1524

lately, calum had been much more focused on his physical appearance

lately, calum had been much more focused on his physical appearance. he'd always been one to take note of how he ate, but it only hit him when he had a hard time squeezing into his favourite pair of jeans.

calum was healthy; he ate good, stayed active, but for some reason that wasn't enough for him. you suggested that he join you at the gym one time, and ever since then calum had gotten addicted to working out. he went more than you did, nearly everyday, and had gotten quite fit over the course of the last few months. he had abs of steel by now, his calves were huge and so were his biceps. his arms were your weakness though, as he always made sure to wear tank tops or fitted tees nowadays.

today was "arm day" for calum. you decided to stay home from the gym, since you had too much to do around the house, so calum went without you. a few hours later and your boyfriend returned, drenched in sweat yet somehow looking all the more attractive.

"baby?" he called once he got home, shutting the front door behind him. calum dropped his gym bag on the floor, crouching down to greet his dog duke at the door.

"i'm in the kitchen!" you replied. calum picked up his dog, walking further into the house before seeing you at the sink, your back turned to him. he smirked, setting his beloved fur baby down before coming up behind you.

calum placed his hands on your hips, ghosting his lips over your ear as he whispered. "you know how much i hate those damn leggings on you, babe." his hand trailed down to your ass, squeezing your bum softly. you gasped, dropping the plate you were currently washing in the sink.

"if you hate them so much then why do you insist i wear them so much," you mumbled, drying your hands with a towel before turning around. he smirked, leaning down to kiss your lips. you pulled quite quickly, stepping around him to grab the dish soap. "how was the gym? did you end up seeing mike after?"

"no, he was with crys." calum leaned against the counter, watching as you continued washing dishes in the sink. "i saw your brother though."

"yeah? i thought he went on the other side of town."

"thought so too. he invited us over for dinner tomorrow night," calum said, crossing his arms. you glanced over, ready to make some snarky remark about your brother's bitchy new fiancée until you noticed calum's arms.

you raised your eyebrows.

"what?" the boy chuckled, following your gaze. he looked down before looking back up at you. "what are you looking at?"

you shook your head, looking back down at the bowl in your hands. "nothing, nothing."

"well it's obviously something."

you scrubbed the bowl clean, setting it down in the drying rack. "i just— the angle i'm at, your biceps looked fucking massive."

"well it's arm day."