eight months

word count. 990.

the boys had been off for a while now, just chilling and working on new music before they would usually up and leave for tour

the boys had been off for a while now, just chilling and working on new music before they would usually up and leave for tour. this year was different though, as you'd gotten pregnant in january while the boys were on tour. you told calum when he got home, and he was ecstatic. you'd talked about starting a family for yourselves before but never decided when. you were both ready, making sure to tell each other that if something were to happen, you'd both be happy. when you told calum, he couldn't stop smiling for at least a week after. he told the boys immediately and since then, calum spent almost every waking moment with you.

now it's august and you're eight months pregnant. you and calum decided on taking a break from social media around april or so, agreeing that you didn't want the media to get involved as they already had with your relationship.

there was suspicion floating around that you were pregnant or calum had proposed, but neither you nor your boyfriend spoke out about the rumours. you were happy together, media-free.

"y/n?" calum called, the front door opening downstairs before closing. when you didn't answer the next few times, calum became worried.

he pushed open the door to your bedroom slowly, saying your name softly. he glanced around the room, only to find you asleep underneath heaps of blankets. a smile tugged at his lips as he watched his girlfriend sleep soundly with his beautiful baby boy or girl resting in her belly.

gently, calum climbed into bed beside you. he made sure not to startle you awake as he felt your forehead with the back of his hand as he did everyday when you were asleep. you were overheated, so calum peeled the covers off you slightly to cool you off. at this, you stirred, rolling over into calum's chest. he smiled, placing a kiss on your shoulder.

"cal?" you murmured, your eyes fluttering open. his hand came to stroke your cheek, a hum leaving your lips.

"hey, love."

"'m hungry," you said, pulling calum's arm over you and holding onto it tightly as you curled into a ball. calum spread his hand over your belly, hoping to feel his baby kick. it was probably asleep as it's mother was seconds before.

"m, you want some food, mama?"

"yeah," you answered, turning your head to look up at your boyfriend. he was smiling down at you, blonde hair swept back messily. "what time is it?"

"nearly dinner. i was planning on take out," calum explained, his fingers tapping across your skin. "how do you feel about chinese?"

"sure."

"mkay, i'll go order it now." calum crawled out of bed, giving you a light kiss on the forehead before escaping downstairs to order dinner. when he returned, you were already fast asleep, a pillow curled in your arms as a replacement for the boy.

he smiled, closing the bedroom door slightly before tip toeing downstairs. he watched tv until he had to go out and pick up the food. when he came back, you were awake and pacing the kitchen with your phone to your ear.

"i'm okay, mom, really." you sighed, leaning against the counter. your back was to calum, one of your hands on your forehead as the other held your phone. "no, calum's good. he's taking good care of me."

the boy smiled, creeping into the kitchen. he set the bags of food down on the counter, watching you silently.

"yeah, i've felt a little sick but nothing too bad." you turned around, seeing calum and gasping lightly. he chuckled, mouthing a 'sorry.' you smiled. "calum just came home, do you want to say hi? okay, hold on."

you put it on speaker phone, setting your phone down on the counter as calum came around to you.

"hey, judy," calum said, kissing your forehead. you leaned your head against his chest, closing your eyes.

"hi, calum! how've you been, love?" your mom asked from the other line.

"good, good. getting a little impatient, though." calum intertwined your fingers with his as your mother laughed.

"oh please. take advantage of this time while you can. before you know it, you'll be the one calling your pregnant daughter."

calum chuckled, squeezing your hand before moving to feel your belly.

"we're gonna eat now, mom. i'll call you later," you spoke, grabbing your phone from the counter. after saying goodbye, you hung up and turned to calum, placing a tired kiss on his lips. "thanks for grabbing dinner," you mumbled, kissing his neck.

"anything for mama."

the two of you sat in bed and ate, watching reruns of friends while you feasted. soon it was nearly midnight and you were half asleep.

"baby, go to sleep if you're so tired," cal said, pushing some hair out of your face. you mumbled incoherently, leaning your head on his chest.

"i've already napped twice today," you whispered, closing your eyes while fisting his hoodie in your hand. "m sleeping too much, wanna spend time with you."

"baby, your hormones are all out of whack. it's okay for you to sleep lots."

you sighed. "okay."

calum helped you get into bed, tucking you under the covers but not too tight so you were still a little cool. he leaned on his elbow, running his fingers through your hair as you glanced up at him through your thick eyelashes.

"do you think that you could you sing me to sleep?" you asked, your lower lip plumping out. calum nodded.

"of course, mama."

slowly and softly, calum began to sing his lullaby to you. every night while he was on tour, calum would sing you to sleep with the song mine by the 1975.

you sighed, closing your eyes. "m, love you my boy," you mumbled. before he could finish the first verse, you were already fast asleep.