blinding lights

2099 words

2099 words

the second night of coachella was the one you looked forward to the most, along with calum. both of your favourites artists were playing, including ariana grande, tame impala, the weeknd, and many more. the first night was good but you were both much more excited for the next.

"do i look okay?" calum had asked from his spot in front of the mirror, popping the collar on his yellow short sleeve button up. you glanced up, pausing from doing your eyeliner, to look at your boyfriend of nearly a year. did he look good? of course he did. he always did.

"yes," you said simply. calum looked at you through the reflection of the mirror. "wait, something else though."

you finished the wing on your eyeliner quickly before getting up, grabbing your loose glitter and walking over to him. he chuckled, working on unbuttoning his shirt as he saw the container in your hands. once his signature yellow button up was completely open, you slathered his bare chest in glitter, rubbing your hands down his tan, tattooed skin. calum laughed, his lower lip rolling into his teeth as you worked your fingers down his abdomen, not even focused on the glitter anymore while your nails scraped down the skin lightly. calum had to stifle back a moan as you giggled, dipping a finger back into the glitter to bring up his pecks and over his collarbone. "that should do it," you mumbled, smirking as calum looked down at you.

"mm, i think i could use a little more," he mused, his voice husky and deep as you giggled once more, twisting the lid back on the container. his chest was sparkling in glitter now and you smiled at the masterpiece before telling him you'd be ready in a moment.

***

you, calum, luke, sierra were currently at the weeknd's set. save your tears was playing, the bass heavy in your heart as you had your arms wrapped around calum's torso, head on his chest as both of you swayed to the music. calum looked illegally good that night, wearing his yellow button down with a pair of black skinny jeans and black chelsea boots, while you wore a black lace bikini top and denim shorts with platform filas. glitter was everywhere, all over the both of you from grinding against each other quite inappropriately, but it didn't matter because the weeknd was playing and you were at coachella. it was a given, really, especially with your boyfriend looking that good. how were you supposed to keep your hands away?

the song quickly came to a close, calum's fingers running through your hair before you pulled away, leaning into sierra as she mentioned something about going to grab a drink with her boyfriend. her and luke disappeared into the crowd as you unraveled yourself from calum, just the two of you left.

you heard the familiar notes of the intro to blinding lights playing and you swear you felt your heart pick up it's pace. immediately, you looked at calum, raising your eyebrows as he had the exact same expression on his face. this was both of your favourite song—you'd constantly play it in the car, dancing around the kitchen to it, and there had been countless times of vibing to it with duke in calum's arms as he made the ball of fur dance to it too—and you loved this song along with the memories that came with it.