competitive

word count. 297.

you and calum were almost always competing for number one: before you were together, and even after you'd been dating for six months

you and calum were almost always competing for number one: before you were together, and even after you'd been dating for six months. you were still always trying to be better than the other person. whether that be fitness wise or your careers. since you were both musicians (you were a solo artist as calum played bass and sang supporting vocals in a band) it was even more competitive in your relationship. but that's what made it fun.

the day calum hit number 1 with youngblood was crazy. he wasn't home, but he facetimed you and you could tell how ecstatic he was. the day you hit number 1, you were both in london as you'd gotten the call.

"i love you too! okay, bye." you hung up the phone, slipping it in your purse as a smile pulled at your lips. excitedly, you walked back over to calum and wrapped your arms around his waist from behind. he turned around, grinning.

"who was that? and why are you so happy?"

"john called," you explained, retracting yourself as you bounced on your feet. "i hit number one in north america."

"you're kidding."

you shook your head excitedly. calum wrapped his arms around your waist, spinning you as you threw your arms around his neck. "i'm so proud of you, baby."

"thanks!" you pulled, grinning ear to ear as you kissed him lightly. "you know what that means?"

"what, cutie?"

"i bumped you into second," you said, a smirk on your lips. calum's smile faltered. "c'mon; you spent three weeks straight up there. it's my turn now."

calum hummed, tugging you closer as he pressed a kiss to your jaw before whispering in your ear. "you do realize you're gonna have to pay for that, right princess?"