rainy day mood

a/n: listen to bags by clairo while reading <3
word count. 1520.

pluviophile (n): a lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

it wasn't until calum met claire that he resonated with this definition. if anything, calum hated rainy days. it always got him down, sad and gloomy. it could ruin a perfectly good day just by one drop of water. before meeting the girl, calum hated the rain.

april 12th was the day that calum changed his mind.

the second tuesday of the month, calum was on his way home from the studio. he'd had an awful day; he'd ran into his ex-girlfriend while getting coffee, and had an unproductive day of songwriting. the music frustrated him more though, as it was his only escape. when he couldn't turn to music, he had nothing. so when he had nothing, calum felt depressed.

he'd been in a slump before. this time last year, calum was laying in bed for weeks on end, grieving his relationship. the love of his life had broken up with him, over text mind you, and calum felt like he had nothing. his depressed state lasted for months, and had been the worst time of his life without a doubt. now that he was finally out of that funk, it angered calum even more knowing that he was depressed.

he drove down the road in silence, raindrops sliding down his windshield while bags by clairo played lowly in his car, the bass boosted so he could feel it in his heart. this is what calum did when he was sad.

as the chorus flowed into the bridge, calum followed the road leading around the mountain his house was on. he lived in the hollywood hills, a neighbourhood in los angeles that was high above the city, perched on the side of a hill. calum liked it in la, it was nice and kept up with his busy lifestyle. but he didn't love it. calum found it hard to love anything at the moment.

as he drove up the road, calum spotted something ahead. there was a car, pulled off to the side. he slowed, seeing their hazard lights on, and checked to make sure that no one was behind him before slowing down beside them.

calum peered inside the driver's window and saw a girl. she had shoulder length light brown hair, which covered her face as she leaned her forehead on the steering wheel. her elbows rested on top of the wheel, hands clasped together resting on her head.