meeting fans

word count: 1124

it was a sunday, but not one where you and cal were lazing around

it was a sunday, but not one where you and cal were lazing around. today, he'd forced you out of the house at ten in the morning to go on a run.

"babe," you whined, wrapping your arms around his waist and resting your chin on his chest. he looked down at you. "can't we just chill out today? i'm too tired to run this morning."

"you'll feel more energized once we're outside," he said, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "get changed while i let duke outside, yeah?"

"mm." a groan escaped your lips as calum kissed you quickly. your boyfriend pulled away, disappearing into the house as you stood in your bedroom, in your pajamas. the back door opened and closed, which you could hear all the way from your room, and you sighed.

once calum was back inside, you were sitting on the island counter in the kitchen, peeling a banana. you were dressed in a pair of black leggings, of which were sent to you by fabletics as a sponsorship, and a grey hoodie that you'd stolen from calum however long ago. your hair was up in a ponytail, face bare as you didn't feel the need to wear makeup if you were only going out for a run.

"ready, babe?" calum asked, standing between your legs as both of his hands held onto your knees. you nodded, peeling the last part of the banana, only for calum to bend down and take a bite of the fruit. he looked up at you, smiling before talking with his mouth full. "i'm gonna go change."

"you're gross," you said with a giggle as calum swallowed the rest of the banana. he smiled, sticking his tongue out before heading to your room.

once calum was ready with his black shorts and white muscle tee, you both tied your matching black and white nike free runs (your's were sent to you for free, another sponsorship) and headed off out to your street.

"where you wanna go, baby?" calum asked, clasping your fingers together. you shrugged, looking up at your boyfriend of almost two years now.

"i don't know— you're the one who dragged me out."

"fair enough." calum ran a hand through his hair, squinting up at the sun before looking back down to you. "can we go to that waffle place downtown?"

"cal, that's downtown."

"okay, and?" he smiled like a kid on christmas. you could never say no to a face like that.

"ugh, fine."

you and calum set off down the street. about forty minutes later (it only took twenty but calum had to stop and tie his shoelace like fifteen times), you stopped at a crosswalk, looking back. your boyfriend was about ten paces behind you.

"this was your idea!" you called, crossing your arms. calum finally stopped beside you, breathing heavily. "you wanted to go downtown."

"i never said that i didn't."

"i know, but—"

calum stopped you, grabbing your arm which made you shut up. you turned around, following his gaze. three teenage girls were on the opposite side of the street, looking in your directions. one looked like she was about to faint as the other two had their phones out, taking pictures or videos.

the crosswalk sign beeped and you jogged across, stopping on the other side of the road.

"hi y/n!" the girls said in unison, giggly and bubbly as you approached them. you smiled, waving as calum walked across the street behind you.

"hey!" you said sweetly. "how are you?"

"good!" they all answered again.

"can i have a picture?" one of the girls asked politely, holding out her phone. you nodded, smiling.

you took a few photos with the girls before calum walked over.

"hi calum!" they all said again as your boyfriend approached. the same thing happened, photos with everyone as you all made friendly conversation.

"can i get a photo with both of you?" one girl asked and you nodded. you took some more photos before chatting with the girls again.

"can you say hi to my friend lucy?" one of them asked, taking a video. you and calum waved to the camera.

"hi lucy," you said in unison.

"i love you guys so much," another girl gushed, making you blush. "seriously, like, you've helped me through so much. i love you guys."

"i love you too," you said, smiling sweetly as you gave the girl a hug. once you pulled, you said, "what's your name, sweetheart?"

"angie."

"y/n, when are you doing another meet up?" hailey, another girl that you'd learned the name of, asked.

"i don't know where to do one!" you exclaimed. "like, last time at the mall was good but we almost got kicked out and it was really crowded."

"are you gonna do one soon?" taylor, the other girl, asked. you nodded, smiling as you crossed you arms over your chest.

"i really want to, i'm gonna try."

calum's phone rang, interrupting you as a couple of the girls laughed.

"sorry," he said, answering and walking away. you turned back to the group of girls, continuing to talk about anything and everything.

"oh my god! did you guys see that rumour about me being pregnant?" you exclaimed. they all nodded, bursting into a fit of laughter as you rolled your eyes. "cal saw it before i did and thought it was real. he almost had a heart attack."

"wasn't that during tour?" hailey asked. you nodded.

"yeah, he called me asking about it."

they all giggled and you continued chatting until calum came back. he placed a hand on the small of your back, causing you to look up at him.

"luke wants to know if you wanted to go for breakfast," calum says. the girls all piped up at the mention of the boy as you answered calum.

"what about waffles?"

"it's still, like, four blocks away and my feet hurt," calum whined. you rolled your eyes, nodding.

"we're gonna go get breakfast," you said, smiling as all the girls began talking. "it was really nice to meet you all!"

calum interlocked your fingers, pulling you down the street once you'd said your goodbyes. you realized him smiling down at you and you cocked your head in confusion.

"what?"

"nothing, i just—" he stuttered. "it's just nice watching you interact with the fans, is all. you're really good with them. i'm too quiet."

"hey, shut up, you're good with them too," you argued. calum shrugged, squeezing your hand as you walked down the street, swaying your hands.

"i just really love you," calum gushed. you smiled, squeezing his hand back before he swooped down to kiss your lips swiftly.