slow

word count. 508.

maybe you were having a lazy sunday, the first weekend calum was home in a long time

maybe you were having a lazy sunday, the first weekend calum was home in a long time. the two of you decided to just chill at home and have a lazy day. first on your list was to just cuddle and sleep in.

you were both awake, around 10 or so, but still in bed. your head was on calum's bare chest, your limbs tangled with his as your boyfriend ran his hands up and down your arms. both of you slept naked, your skin heating up against each other as you simply cuddled. duke was curled up beside calum, enjoying your hand ruffling his fur as he got in on some of the action.

calum combed his fingers through your hair, humming a song stuck in his head as you listened to his heart beat calmly. your index finger lazily traced the tattoos on calum's arm; you didn't even have to look to see how the outline went. you loved the art on his skin, you spent most of your time admiring it.

your legs were tangled underneath the sheets as the white blanket draped over calum's waist, covering what was to be revealed to your eyes only. your head laid on his chest, your eyes watching as his stomach rose up and down with each breath he took. you could hear his heart beat slowly in his chest, your fingers running over his soft skin on his bicep.

lightly, his fingers ran up and down your arm as he began humming a song. your eyes fluttered shut at the sound, feeling calum's fingers tap your arm along to the tune. you smiled.

you wanted to tell calum how much you loved him but decided not to ruin the peacefulness of the situation. believe it or not, you and calum were taking things slow. you'd only had sex once (you were both drunk), after being together for about five months, and hadn't said 'i love you' yet, or anything of the sorts. you were fairly positive you knew that both of you did love the other person, just were afraid to say it aloud. at least, you were. you were sure of your feeling towards the boy since your second date. hell, even your mom knew how much you were in love with him. everyone knew but calum, and it was only a matter of time until—

"i love you."

you tilted your head, glancing up at him. his eyes darted from the ceiling down to you. he licked his lips.

"what?"

"i love you," calum said. he moved slightly, shifting his weight onto his elbow as he leaned on his arm, watching you as you sat up, wrapping the sheets around your exposed parts. "you're so beautiful, y/n. i don't understand how you can be real."

heat spread across your cheeks.

"i love you too," you mumbled, a smile apparent on your lips. "a lot."

calum returned the smile, his lips curling up as his hand moved up to cup your cheek. "mine," he whispered.