oreos

word count: 709

"ughhgh

"ughhgh."

you looked up at calum from your textbooks. he wore a pout on his plump lips. "what?"

"nothing, babe," he said, looking back down at his phone. you scoffed, tightening your messy bun as it fell to the side of your face. he looked at you. "i really want oreos."

giggling, you raised your eyebrows. "oreos? calum, it's 1am."

"your point is?"

you sighed, closing your textbook and dropping it on the floor. he watched you in confusion as you stood up, stretching. you said through a yawn, "grab your keys."

his face lit up. quickly, calum threw his green empathy hoodie over his head, slipping on a baseball cap backwards and grabbed his keys from the coffee table. the two of you headed outside of the dorm, hands clasped together as calum pulled you down the hallway to the parking lot.

you slipped into the passenger seat of calum's shitty truck as he started the engine. your boyfriend handed you his phone, which you plugged into the aux and pressed shuffle on your spotify playlist. you'd added calum to your account last month, since you'd bought premium.

shy boy by dre'es blasted through the car speakers as calum sped down the highway. ten minutes later, you pulled into the parking lot of target.

"are they even open?" you asked, climbing out of the truck. calum shrugged, clasping his hand in your's once you were out of the vehicle. calum wore his empathy hoodie with a pair of black basketball shorts and a hat placed on his head backwards, while you wore grey sweatpants, birkenstock's and a white tee. you both walked to the front door, seeing that they closed in ten minutes. "oh my god—"

"c'mon, babe!" he giggled excitedly, pulling you through the store. it was nearly empty, feeling like a ghost town as you manoeuvred through aisles. finally, you came to the cookie section and calum grinned.

"double stuffed?" he questioned, holding up a package. you confirmed his decision with a nod, and calum kissed your cheek, making his way toward the till. he skipped down the aisles of the stores, making you giggle and pull out your phone to film a video of the nineteen year old boy. you posted it on your instagram story, laughing as you watched it back.

calum dropped the package of oreos on the self check out, taking off his hat and running a hand through his silver hair before placing the cap on his head backwards. your arms wrapped around his front, your cheek squished against his shoulder as calum scanned the cookies and paid for them.

once you were done, you and calum piled back into his truck, where you plugged in his phone to the aux.

once you were back to your dorn building, you opened the door to your room and calum plopped himself down on the couch, opening the package of oreos. you shut the door, hearing the boy moan from his seat. you giggled.

"fuck, baby. you gotta try these," he said through a mouthful of cookies, handing you one. you took it, eating it as you sat beside him.

"mm, they're good."

"that's an understatement," he said, taking another one. you smiled, watching the boy beside you. one arm was on the couch, slung behind you as he continued to reach into the packet for more cookies. his feet were kicked up onto the coffee table, his hat still placed backwards on his head.

"you're so pretty," you said softly. calum looked at you, half an oreo sticking out of his mouth. he smiled.

after swallowing the cookie, calum leaned over and pressed a kiss to your lips. his hand cupped your cheek as you brought your hands to his hoodie.

"you taste like oreos," you giggled, pulling away once the small kiss was over. calum ran his thumb over your cheekbone, smiling as his eyes gazed into your's.

"i'm so in love with you," he admitted. that was the first time either of you had ever said i love you to the other person.

"i love you too," you said, meeting his eyes. calum smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling. he leaned in again, kissing you passionately.