first show

word count: 1234

'break a leg bub!! love you xx'

you sent the text to calum, slipping your phone into your back pocket. your eyes scanned the sea of fans all gathered before the stage. it was one of the boys' more intimate shows, being in a small venue downtown london. it was the first 5sos concert you'd attended and you were beyond excited.

"your drink." mali set the can down on the table before you. you thanked the girl, taking a sip of the alcoholic beverage. "so, are you excited to see your man in action?"

"i'm a little nervous to be honest," you answered. mali shot you a look. "i don't know. i love calum and i know he's great at what he does but i'm scared the fans are gonna find out and—"

"babe," mali interrupted, slinging an arm around your shoulder. "it'll be fine. for all they know, you're my best friend attending my brother's concert. which isn't a lie. it's all good."

you sighed, nodding. before you could overthink anymore, your phone buzzed in your pocket.

'can't wait to see your beautiful face from the stage. love you more sweetheart'

you smiled. calum always had a way to cheer you up, even if he didn't know he was doing so.

ghost of you was coming to a close and you were wrapped in mali's arms, both of you struggling to hold in your tears. the song would make anybody cry, but especially you. you'd helped calum through the tough time that'd been going on during the writing of that song, so it hit you hard hearing such a personal song being sung on stage. it was beautiful though.

"... with the ghost of you."

the last note rang through the venue, and there wasn't a dry eye in the building. mali squeezed you reassuringly, knowing what was coming next. both you and calum had talked about making your relationship public, and you were both on board with the idea, but that doesn't mean you weren't surprised at the next happening events.

"london how we feeling out there?" calum said, letting the strap of his bass hang around his neck, holding the instrument up and he held the mic in both his hands. cheers erupted from the crowd and you smiled. "goddamnit, can i get the house lights on? i miss you guys so much."

calum's speech went on for a minute or two, some of the boys jumping in before calum started again.

"tonight is a very special show for me," he said, glancing up to the loft where the vip section was, including you and mali, "for a couple of reasons. number one, my beautiful sister is in the room somewhere."

the crowd went wild, making both you and mali koa smile.

"and, number two. i get to share the stage with my brothers, my best friends," calum said, making everyone go crazy again. "number three, i'm with five thousandth— wait wait wait, five thousands— i can't say thousand for some reason. five thousand of my closest friends in london."

there was a pause of just screaming before calum raised both his hands in an attempt to quiet everyone down. "hey, hey, hey, i wasn't finished."

all the fans laughed and calum smiled.

"last but sure as hell not least, my beautiful girlfriend is in the room tonight," calum said and your breath caught in your throat. he gestured up to you, smiling as he caught your eye. your lips curled up into a smile, your cheeks blushing as the venue went crazy. "this is her first 5sos concert, so i hope you're enjoying the show baby. what do you guys think, is it alright so far?"

as the crowd cheered, mali nudged you, smiling. "that wasn't too bad, yeah?" you rolled your eyes.

"this next song is my girl's favourite, and goes out to everyone that have been a fan of this band for seven years now. it's called amnesia."

michael was sat on the edge of the stage, acoustic guitar in hand as he began picking the first few chords and calum started to sing the opening lyrics. your heart burst in your chest as calum looked up at you. he gripped the mic, adjusting his ear piece and tapping the side of his head twice. that was the signal he'd made for you before the show.

you nodded, mouthing 'i love you' to the boy. you felt mali at your side, wrapping her arm around your shoulder. the two of you began swaying back and forth, singing the lyrics to your favourite song.

after the concert, mali pulled you down the stairs of the upstairs level and out to the foyer of the venue. it was beyond packed, and suddenly people began approaching and swarming you with questions or trying to get pictures.

"y/n," mali said, pulling you out the front doors. there was even more fans out front, and the two of you snuck around to the back of the venue. she led you into a side door, slipping to the hallway where the dressing rooms were. as you turned a corner, you noticed a raven haired boy on his phone, leaning against the wall.

at the sound of footsteps approaching, calum glanced up. his lips curled up into a smile as he slipped his phone into the pocket of his pants.

"hey, baby," he said, his voice raspy. you smiled, wrapping your arms around his neck as his were around your waist. calum's smelled of strong cologne but you didn't care; you were happy to be back in his arms. once you pulled away, calum cupped your face and kissed you softly. he smiled, resting his forehead against your's. "how'd you like the show, my love?"

"it was amazing," you gushed, making calum grin.

he said hello to his sister and the three of you all talked until you went into the dressing room and mingled with everyone there. after a while, calum pulled you back into the hallway.

"are you mad at me?" the boy asked. you furrowed your eyebrows.

"why would i be mad at you?"

"well i mean i kind of outed us without telling you first," he said, lifting his hand through his hair. you shook your head, placing your hands on his neck and toying with the collar of his white button up. "i didn't really think, but i knew that i wanted to tell the fans. they deserve to know and it was the perfect opportunity and—"

"cal," you said. he stopped talking. "it's okay. i'm not angry."

he let out a breath. "okay."

"how could i be mad when you looked like this while saying it?" you complimented, running your hands down his biceps. calum rolled his eyes, smirking as you unbuttoned the top of his shirt. "i'm kinda glad you told everyone because now people will know that calum hood is my boyfriend."

"shut up."

"i'm serious," you said with a smile pulling at your lips. calum only rolled his eyes, tugging you in at the hips. you collapsed into the boy and he smashed his lips onto your's. the two of you fell into a deep and passionate kiss; calum had you pinned against the wall as your fingers tangled in his hair. "can... can we—"

"dressing room?" he asked, pulling away. you nodded, breathing heavily.

"yeah."